Kinvaras equivalent? (Read 973 times)

Why is it sideways?

Jeff at al, can you describe somewhat what it means to feel "broken down". 

I have two pair of K2s and one feels much better than the other at right around the same mileage. I don't expect to get more than 400 miles out of them. One pair just feels flat and unresponsive.  Like the structure of the shoe (what there is of it in the Kinvaras) has "broken down" as you say. Is that what you mean by broken down? But the soles are in decent shape and have worn fairly evenly. The outside lateral edge has definitely worn down a bit but not that bad. 

My K3s only have ~ 50 miles on them so I can't speak to the wear. But they do feel firmer than the K2s so far. 

Yes, that's it. Sometimes (rarely) a shoe will break down in a way that actually makes it a better shoe. When this happens, I have gotten upwards of 1000 miles on a pair, as the sole and upper tend not to be a problem for me.

Yes, that's it. Sometimes (rarely) a shoe will break down in a way that actually makes it a better shoe. When this happens, I have gotten upwards of 1000 miles on a pair, as the sole and upper tend not to be a problem for me.

Agreed. My Adidas running shoes have worn very well. I have a pair of Boston 2s with ~ 620 miles on them and they're going strong. Adidas shoes are the only ones I've tried that seem to need a break-in period. But they feel great now. 

I also have a pair of Adios 2s and am having trouble figuring out if they've broken down or if it's just me. Sometimes at peak marathon training mileage, it's tough to discern whether your shoes are breaking down or your legs and feet are just fatigued. 

Agreed. My Adidas running shoes have worn very well. I have a pair of Boston 2s with ~ 620 miles on them and they're going strong. Adidas shoes are the only ones I've tried that seem to need a break-in period. But they feel great now. 

I also have a pair of Adios 2s and am having trouble figuring out if they've broken down or if it's just me. Sometimes at peak marathon training mileage, it's tough to discern whether your shoes are breaking down or your legs and feet are just fatigued. 

Another data point of n=1.

My K2's have been all over the place but in general have lasted much better than the K1's. 

First couple of pairs I was only able to get about 350 out of the.   The last two pairs,  I pushed them up over 600 before it felt like I was running barefoot.

Haven't gotten to the three's yet as I'm able to find K2's in my size all over the internet still.  

keeponrunning

They are the k3's.  
          I'll take a look at the Brooks PureFlow, but Brooks have always felt weird to me.  

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022