The Booze and Waffle Thread, Long Live The Wild Wild West (Read 401 times)

I did (kinda, sorta, mostly) know the answer to my question. It's just something I've always liked to idly ponder, because in one way it seems like a design flaw.

Next question: What well-known conspiracy theory (if there is one) do you wish was true, and why?

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I did (kinda, sorta, mostly) know the answer to my question. It's just something I've always liked to idly ponder, because in one way it seems like a design flaw.

Well, that’s why we sweat.

Next question: What well-known conspiracy theory (if there is one) do you wish was true, and why?

I wish COVID really were purposefully produced in a lab with the vaccine already made, so that Bill Gates can implant microchips in us. Clearly we have demonstrated that we don’t deserve free will, and I’d rather Gates - a proven humanitarian - control is all than Trump

bhearn

Yikes! 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Says the man foolish enough to choose to run across Tennessee during a super hot and humid week.

Yikes! 

rlopez

When one is diagnosed with cancer, people go out of their way to tell you how to fix it and what you've done wrong. My personal favorite is "well, you shouldn't have eaten sugar. If you stop eating sugar, that will fix it."

Yeah no.

But I wish it was like that.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

That the Lizard people are really in control.  Since lizards are cold blooded, they wouldn't be interested in significant rise in global temp -- and therefore would eventually influence the "Elites" to solve global warming.  Of course, they probably don't like it as cool as I would enjoy, but at least not 95F.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I’ve made tepache. It is super easy. I wonder if your error was not getting all the pineapple skin under the surface. Mold required air contact.

2. Mexican pineapple liquor: I had this recipe from a Mexican dessert cookbook that I *never* could get to work: peel/core a fresh pineapple, stick it in a loosely covered container along with some liquid (can't remember what), leave it at room temperature and wait. Alcohol was supposed to materialize (using wild airborne yeasts, I suppose?) but all I ever got was mold. Finally gave up.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yup. To do this right you will need a fruit press. Any good home brew store should be able to help you. What kind of grapes?

Anyone ever made DIY wine? I accidently planted a grape vine (Aldi mismarked it, when purchased, it looked like a stick). This year I'm going to have a lot of grapes, I can only make so much grape jelly.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'd be totally cool with an alien abduction, right about now...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yup. To do this right you will need a fruit press. Any good home brew store should be able to help you. What kind of grapes?

I think Concord, but not really sure.

I think Concord, but not really sure.

With this, Trent can help you make Manischewitz.

Dave

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Gonna need a load of extra sugar

With this, Trent can help you make Manischewitz.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Concord wine can be okay if you leave it sweet (i.e., back sweeten it after fermentation is done or stop fermentation early, and stabilize). But I have found that mostly concord serves as a lovely adjunct to a sour beer.

Gonna need a load of extra sugar

go easy on that, I heard somewhere that sugar gives you the cancer

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

go easy on that, I heard somewhere that sugar gives you the cancer

I think you have that backwards, I heard that cancer gives you sugar.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying