Is It Okay To Run In A Cemetary? (Read 2197 times)

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Was driving by the cemetery I had thought about running in and pondering this particular post when I noticed three people running in the cemetery! That's enough karma for me....

TRUST THE PROCESS

Life is Good

People run in the cemetery were I grew up ( Lansing Michigan) all the time and nobody says a thing, in fact the city of Lansing is adding it to part of their huge "river trail" system. I don't see a problem with it. Smile

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Just did my first cemetery run yesterday and it was quite nice.

TRUST THE PROCESS

dork.major dork.

Okay, I'm late to this party, but I used to run in a cemetery all the time. It was designed to also be a parks, before Boston had most of its other parks, and was always beautiful and quiet. The staff also did a good job of putting up signs about when there was a burial going on and where, but it was so old that most of the time I just stayed in the area where everyone had been buried well before WWI...

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

When they were working on my regular road, I had to alter my course for about 7 months,. This included a cemetary. It was fall/winter, and I would run early in the morning. Not quite daylight yet. Once in a while, I'd get a fog or mist over the graves. Spooky! I wouldn't do it on Sunday's when Church was on, as I did not want anyone yelling at me!

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Just did my first cemetery run yesterday and it was quite nice.
              I noticed there's a trail through that one by you...I think on the East side of town. Looks like they encourage it. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Hmmm....I'll have to get more info....

TRUST THE PROCESS