Budget Running Watch (Read 76 times)

Woutah

Hi all,

I've been doing hours of research to find a low budget running watch (so definitely under $100) with MP3 player, to no avail.

I was hoping someone could help me...

So, my watch must have

pedometer (distance, speed)

heart rate monitor

AND mp3 player capability without the need of ear plugs/ head phones

Hopefully someone can make my day Smile

W

an amazing likeness

Your last requirement: "... player capability without the need of ear plugs/ head phones..."  likely eliminates ALL running watches. No company makes a fitness tracker in wrist watch form which has a speaker.

Other than that, the Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music comes close to your price point if you can find a good sale.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

AND mp3 player capability without the need of ear plugs/ head phones

Do you simply not want your ears covered? Aftershokz headphones would solve that issue.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Woutah

Your last requirement: "... player capability without the need of ear plugs/ head phones..."  likely eliminates ALL running watches. No company makes a fitness tracker in wrist watch form which has a speaker.

Other than that, the Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music comes close to your price point if you can find a good sale.

Thanks - There are already quite a few with storage and speakers, I was hoping there's already a cheaper option which I just couldn't find

• 1# Apple Watch Series 5
          • 2# Samsung Gear S3
          • 3# MobvoiTicwatch pro 3
          • 4# Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2
          • 5# Huawei watch 2
          • 6# Fossil 5th gen
          • 7# Asus Zenwatch 3
          • 8# Fitbit versa 3
          Woutah

Do you simply not want your ears covered? Aftershokz headphones would solve that issue.

I want nothing in or around my ears as I know that after a couple of hours of running it will bug me

Worst case scenario I'll wear a $50smartwatch and a $30 mp3 with speakers watch! Smile

an amazing likeness

Seems we have differing definitions of "running watch"...other than the Fitbit, your list is all general-purpose iOS and Android watches capable of hosting run tracking apps.

Are you affiliated with the site you've linked to with your list of devices?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Arnoldziffel

I would not recommend any FitBit product after the experience I had with the fancy POS that my wife bought me several years ago for $250.  Their products are not designed to hold up for anyone with an active lifestyle.  Their products are designed to break down one day after the warranty expires.  And we had the same experience with the FitBit i bought my wife.

I use a Garmin Forerunner 35.  Available for about $100.  Good basic running watch, but no music.  My son also runs with a Garmin 35 too. 

April 21- Fast Half Marathon

May 5 - Colleen Ritzer 5K

June 22 - Mad Fox Trail Fest 10K

kcam

I want nothing in or around my ears as I know that after a couple of hours of running it will bug me

Worst case scenario I'll wear a $50smartwatch and a $30 mp3 with speakers watch! Smile

You will then be 'bugging' the other users of the trail with your music over a speaker.  That doesn't bug you?

Arnoldziffel

+1

You will then be 'bugging' the other users of the trail with your music over a speaker.  That doesn't bug you?

Personally, I prefer the solitude of running without music.  I get some of my best thoughts and ideas while I am running.

April 21- Fast Half Marathon

May 5 - Colleen Ritzer 5K

June 22 - Mad Fox Trail Fest 10K

+2. Please do not go running in public with speakers.

Dave

Woutah

Seems we have differing definitions of "running watch"...other than the Fitbit, your list is all general-purpose iOS and Android watches capable of hosting run tracking apps.

Are you affiliated with the site you've linked to with your list of devices?

I've listed what my requirements are; that post was just to show  you that there are watches out there which meet my requirements, besides for their price,

I don't care if you call it a smart watch  or running watch, I just want to see my distance, (approx) speed, hear rate and, yes, if possible have some music on my lonely long runs.

Woutah

+1

Personally, I prefer the solitude of running without music.  I get some of my best thoughts and ideas while I am running.

Full agree with you there, but I usually only start enjoying the silence after I'fe been running for over more than an hours, so sometimes I like to listen to something while i'm warming up Smile

back on topic now - Look, it was worth the try asking on a runners forum. If anyone has any proper suggestions, please do reply.

ps: peeps, I think it's only common sense not to play music on speakers when there are other people running with you!

smanthasoy

what about G shock, which g shock watch I should buy from this. check this to recommend me.