(Good) movies with (real) cats... (Read 142 times)

Of course Mr. Bigglesworth, Dr. Evil's cat from the Austin Powers movies, was presumably inspired by the cat belonging to Blofeld, the villain in a number of James Bond movies.

Hermione's pet cat Crookshanks was featured in some of the Harry Potter movies.

Dave

RunJasonRun

I was revisiting the 1950 film noir, The Asphalt Jungle, last night, and there's a scene where James Whitmore's character is feeding a cat on his counter.  When one of the patrons makes a remark about running over stray cats, Whitmore gets violent and throws the man out the door of the establishment.

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

an amazing likeness

Life of Pi had a nice kitty in it. He was pretty personable, and a good actor to boot.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

1963's The Incredible Journey.

I loved this movie and got a Siamese cat as soon as I moved out on my own.

+1 on Milo and Otis.

One of my favorite movies of all time & one of the few books that I read more than once as a kid.

more recent:  how about Meet the Parents?  cat was not the main character but it had its 15 seconds of fame.

Police Academy 2:  Officer Tackleberry displays effectve community policing skills by helping a cat down from a tree.

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

RunJasonRun

The Cat People (1942) is an obvious one that comes to mind.  It's also a great movie!

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

sugnim

Harry and Tonto in which Art Carney plays an old fellow who goes on a cross-country road trip with his cat.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071598/  It's a gorgeous film.

Will run for scenery.

So I just watched Harry and Tonto for the second time in 40 years.  Man what a time warp!  It's like the 1970's were "right there" and happened to get caught on film.

For anybody who caught more than .05 episisodes of that "That 70's Show" show and needs to purge the WTF out of their system, this is the film to do it.

Pretty cool with all the cat scenes.  I can't think of another movie that comes close.  But what's up with carrying a cat hanging from it's shoulders like that ?  Mine would throw a fit.

BTW,  one surprise : the Don't Worry, Be Happy poster.  I thought that was made up in the '80s.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

kofiluddin

do cats like spam?

Walk-Jogger

Harry and Tonto in which Art Carney plays an old fellow who goes on a cross-country road trip with his cat.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071598/  It's a gorgeous film.

I can't believe I haven't ever heard of this film before. CCL (crazy cat lady, aka DW) and I will be watching this as soon as we can get it. I assume Netflix has it?

Retired &  Loving It

BeeRunB

I can't believe I haven't ever heard of this film before. CCL (crazy cat lady, aka DW) and I will be watching this as soon as we can get it. I assume Netflix has it?

Art Carney won the Oscar for best actor.

He was kick-ass in The Honeymooners.

Could do drama, too.

ultramarathon/triathlete

Data had a cat

So, at least cats are prominent in the future.

What was that 80s movie about the cat from outer space?  And wasn't there a show on Nickelodeon about witches... they had a cat.

Also, there's this

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                          Gatorade Endurance Team

#artbydmcbride

What was that 80s movie about the cat from outer space?  And wasn't there a show on Nickelodeon about witches... they had a cat.

I think that was a robot cat....

Runners run

yes, it's on Netflix.

but you folks need to be careful with your obsession.  you never know where you'll end up.