Kayano 13s v. 14s (Read 550 times)

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Anyone running on the 14s that used to run on the 13s? I love my 13s, but my 14s don't seem to be agreeing with me, which sucks because they are expensive! I'm certainly not giving up on the 14s(because they are expensive!), but wondered if anyone else had this issue.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Purdey

Self anointed title

I didn't run in the 13s but have a pair of 14s.... and have not been particularly impressed. They lost their bounce and "soft" feel v quickly. I actually think the GT2130 is a better shoe at a far better price. No more Kayanos for this boy - too expensive and not actually very good.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I've worn the 2130s and may go back to that in the future. Thanks!

TRUST THE PROCESS

Slo

I agree with Purdy. I'm not impressed with my EXPENSIVE Kayano 13's. I think the 2130's are a better bang for the buck. I also found the Kayano's quite heavy.
            When I tried on the Kayanos, I loved the cushion (only tried the 13's). Of course, the price scared me away quickly. I also thought they were heavy, around 14 oz. I believe. So, when I started doing research, I found the Mizuno Wave Inspire to be a good shoe fit for me as a flat foot runner. Also, much cheaper and much lighter. Of course, each person has their own fit for the shoe, but if you're looking for something for a low arch, I'm quite partial. Plus, running warehouse has the 4's on sale for $70 w/ free shipping right now. And, the 5's come out in a month, so I expect the 4's to crash on the price soon. Just my $.02.
            Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Thanks. I do have a low no arch and this is helpful info.

TRUST THE PROCESS

325th place or bust!

From Amazon: Product Description The Mizuno Wave Inspire 3 running shoe was developed for the runner who desires the best blend of support and cushioning that respects the needs of medium-arched, flexible foot types. Highly ventilated AIRmesh upper provides breathability and comfort. AP midsole provides lightweight, responsive cushioning. Mizuno Intercool® midsole ventilation system. SmoothRide engineered Composite Double Fan Wave adds great blend of support and cushioning in a package that transitions like no other. VS-1 in the heel to help prevent overpronation. X-10 in heel adds durability. Solid rubber and blown rubber in forefoot offer durability and flexibility. Wt. 11.3 oz. p.s. I've been running in these and like them...

PR: 5K 22:41, 10K 51:05, HM 1:59, Sprint Tri: done!

And from Runner's World: WE SAY: The Inspire 3 is a great shoe for the money. The new midsole is three millimeters wider, which gives the shoe a bit more stability. Mizuno softened the outsole and the outer edge of the Wave plate for a quieter, more cushioned feel on the roads. Also, a notch of pliable fabric has been added to the eyelet area for improved comfort on the top of the foot. We recommend the Inspire for runners with normal to low arches, or lightweight runners who need plenty of rearfoot stability with a flexible forefoot. Just pointing that out because I am a no arch guy...like absolutely none, but these have actually helped my knees from making a switch from non-stability trainers. Again, like I said, each person has to find what their fit is though.