TN State Rankings (Read 638 times)

O.M.G. I made it! http://www.tnrunning.com/rankings/2007/road/m_5k.html Didn't know about them, and curiously checked a link from another board, and there I was. 5K Division - Over 40 [37th out of 52] This is neat. I now have another rabbit [albeit 36] to chase! And I want to get into the "Open" class too. 6 months of running. Whodda thunk? Come join me JN-Trent? Wink

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Great job! Nice time and a great accomplishment... Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Congratulations! Big grin
        2009: BQ?
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wow. Sweet work!! Not to minimize your great work. You have the good fortune of being in the masters' division. My equal best 5k is completely out of range. Age has advantages. One day I will be 40. More likely that I will be 40 long before I am fast enough to rank in the open division. Sheesh.

Why is it sideways?

Congrats, Pred. Sounds like you can go faster if you get your pacing figured out. Purity's up next? Sub 20:00 is possible with even pacing--you might even try a negative split. Let us know how it comes out.
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, he will go sub-20 long before I do. I am surrounded by talent. Maybe one day some will rub off Wink Again, congrats!!
                Wow, Thanks Guys. What a shot in the arm-a reply post from Trent and "Jeff". Can't wipe the smile off my face. After reading I went and smacked wife[treadmill running] on the ass and said "Guess What?" Truly an Honor, mean it. By the way Jeff, I've been reviewing race pics[matching bib #'s with times,names and faces] to find an elite female or other to pace me to <20 at="" purity.="" but="" have="" ya'll="" read="" this.=""></20>http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-244-259-11738-0,00.html?cm_re=HP-_-In%20This%20Issue-_-Go%20Out%20Fast%20In%20Your%20Next%205K When I did, "Hey that's me, always has been!"

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Why is it sideways?

Pred, Interesting article. I think you are smart to race aggressively. It's harder to teach aggression than moderation, so in this sense you are lucky. Since you are just starting up your running career, the only way to find out if you are improving is to take a risk and go out hard, sometimes harder than you think possible. This is the only way to test your limits as you improve. That said--in your race report you write that the masters winner passed you somewhere around the mile mark, but that you made up ground on him at the end. If I had to bet, I'd say that your first mile (that 6:15) was uneven--maybe out in 2:55 for the first 800m, then back in 3:20 for the second 800m--the pace you ran in your second mile. If you run that same opening mile in 6:15, but start out strong but controlled--running that first half mile in 3:07, then you're not setting yourself up to slow down that second mile. Make sense? So, go out hard--hit 6:15 if you want, but do it smart. Of course, if what I described wasn't you, then oh well. But that's what I used to do, and it was bad.
                    What a man! Love You!
                      congrats! Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What a man!
                        I think I just figured out how pRED runs so fast... Big grin
                          I think I just figured out how pRED runs so fast...
                          Dedication AND motivation, works wonders. Great race! Congratulations!

Michelle

Pred, Make sense?
                            Yes Jeff, yes it does. Want to find a woman though[they're more sensible pacers]to lead me out so I don't chase the front runners. Thinking now also of mapping where the 400/800 split will be on the course to better manage my aggression. Thanks and by the way I hope to see ya crack 2:37 at CMM. Been thinking of going to watch. Haven't done that before and I'm wondering were would be a good spot? And can you move from spot2spot?

Ricky

Not to minimize your great work. You have the good fortune of being in the masters' division. My equal best 5k is completely out of range. Age has advantages.
                              Trent, you may not think it such "good fortune" when you get old like us. Smile