What's the most unusual or humorous name of a race you've participated in? (Read 1258 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The age and random group awards for this race were pies. I won one each year....a random award the first year and an age division award the second year. For race reports see 1999 here and 2000 here.
    Dude...for pie I could probably run like a Kenyan! Evil grin My folks keep trying to get me come do a race in WI...I think it might be in Green Bay. It's a short one...like a 5k. The Beer Belly Run. Beer at all the stations. I think I'd not care if I didn't PR.... Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Homer

Y'all come down and run the "R C Cola and Moon Pie 10 Mile Run" this Saturday in Bell Buckle, TN. They have the world's largest Moon Pie. Yum Yum (?)
        HECK IX – RACE AGAINST MISOGYNY & SEXISM I might run this.

Vim

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

My husband is from Michigan and I would like to coordinate a visit in time for the 10 mile race in Hell, MI called Run Through Hell. I just want the T-shirt.
          Me, too. I regret never running that one when I lived in Michigan. I wonder if there is a race in Climax, MI? Evil grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

sfarrant

I ran the "Groundhog Jog" in Punxsutawney on (obviously) Groundhog Day .... good finishing cookies (just a 4 miler) Sarah
            2008 Harrisburg Half Marathon 1:44:39 2008 Harrisburg Marathon 3:44:00
              The Smuttynose 5k in the WILL RUN FOR BEER series. Free beer, wings, chili and KARAOKE after the race. Not that funny a name, but fun! Nice shirt, too.

http://www.runningnotes.net

I might have to make the trip up to Maine next year, just for the T shirt. FARMINGTON -- The 11th annual Healthy Beaver 5K Road Race is scheduled to be held May 3 at the University of Maine at Farmington Health and Fitness Center with the kids one-mile fun run tabbed for a 9:30 a.m. start followed by the 5K at 10 a.m. The event is a fundraiser for the University of Maine at Farmington men's and women's cross country teams. Modified to add: Just found the application for this year's race, the maximum entry fee is $8, there is no T shirt for this one. C'mon guys, with a little creativity you could be the region's best funded XC teams...

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Monster Dash Evil grin (They used to have it in Boston) 5k race and everyone dressed up in costumes (My wife was running with me then and we dressed up as Raggedy Ann and Andy)........There were so many people in the race that by the tiime we got started, the first place guys were already finishing up......It was a blast....

Champions are made when no one is watching