Cubed Ham/Bacon (Read 224 times)

This bit of brilliance seems to have been overlooked.  Kitchen shears are your best friend.  I use them for cubing chicken and beef, and they are awesome for cutting bacon (even easier if you throw it in the freezer for a little while.  You want firm, not frozen.)  Much, much, easier than using a knife.  And they easily come apart into two pieces for washing..

I like you! Smile

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.

I want to try a recipe that calls for "4 ounces slab bacon or smoked ham, cubed."

perhaps i missed a post, but did you ultimately manage to cube that ham?

I bought my nephew an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks". I said, "Don't mention it".

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

perhaps i missed a post, but did you ultimately manage to cube that ham?

The ham remains uncubed.

...but not due to my incompetence this time...my schedule just got super-busy, and I've barely had time to heat up soup for dinner, let alone put something together myself.  Christmas break is here in 2 hrs., 40 mins., though, so maybe soon!

I will say, I'll likely go the bacon route, mainly because my wife does not like ham.  Bacon's okay, though.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

The ham remains uncubed. 

You could try to find a roll of uncut pancetta, which makes most regular bacon cry.

top advice, but if time's a premium, get a chorizo (ring & dice or slices) and fry for a few mins over a medium/high heat (additional bonus of not needing any oil to cook).

anyhoos, ham on!

I bought my nephew an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks". I said, "Don't mention it".

HobbyJogger & HobbyRacer

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

kofiluddin

well...spam is canned ham

Since it's been resurrected, has the ham been cubed?

Goal Race: 4/27/2014 - Maloney Unity Run - 10K - Goal: Sub 60

Old Lady PRs: 5K 29:25 10/26/13 *** 10K 1:05:37 1/1/14

HS-CC PR: 5K 22:28

SheCan

I thought it had something to do with Kevin Bacon.

Cherie

Don’t work harder than you can breathe,
                  and you’ll never get out of breath.-- Johnny Nuguyen

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Not yet.  A process this complicated, I'm going to need to wait until summer vacation, I think.

Though I did finally get around to sharpening my knife.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

A Saucy Wench

But now, every time i go to the grocery, I notice the little bags of cubed ham there. Never noticed them before this thread

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7