Key Fobs (Read 348 times)

Carry it in your running tights/leggings.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I have a key fob (Chevy Volt) and run with it in the little pocket of my tights or shorts.  It's only about 1.5" x 2".  Is the Mini fob bigger?

BTW, I love the comfort access feature, if that's what it's called.  It will be a real drag if I ever have to go back to the old mechanical key.

an amazing likeness

Dare we ask how you feel about Twitter...or what about email?!  Color TV?

You're welcome to ask. Let's see...

Color TV = good with it.

Twitter = I have an account, seldom use it. Mainly to follow Steve Martin. Don't get the attraction.

Email = groovy. Just don't expect me to respond instantly...that's what the freakin phone or IM is for.

A few others, should you be interested...

1. If you slap a corporate name on a stadium, I refuse to use that corporate name. Naming rights suck big time. It makes me hate your brand.

2. If you advertise a shitload, I hate your brand.  Hear me Toyota?

3. That VW 'switchblade' key design -- just plain stupid.

4. Cars that autolock their doors as you drive off -- you suck. If I want the doors locked, I'll lock them. Don't do shit for me I don't want done -- I'm driving the bus.

5. Heated seats are a gift from some higher civilization.

6. The Eagle Speedster is the most beautiful and desirable automotive object humankind has created. I will note it does NOT use a key fob.

7. People that think of automobiles as appliances are suspect and one needs to be wary about them until other positive aspects of their nature overwhelm this massive shortcoming.

8. Self-driving cars are yet another sign that human kind has jumped the shark and it's time for a comet to just take us out and give the planet back to the crocs and sharks.

...that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Keypad FTW. Lock your keys in your car & go. Nothing starts till you tell it to.

MTA: Milktruck - this is good technology. This, and the backup sensor, which beeps at me before I hit something. Oh and my remote start of course - gold this time of year.

Dave

Feeling the growl again

Color TV = good with it.

Twitter = I have an account, seldom use it. Mainly to follow Steve Martin. Don't get the attraction.

Email = groovy. Just don't expect me to respond instantly...that's what the freakin phone or IM is for.

1. If you slap a corporate name on a stadium, I refuse to use that corporate name. Naming rights suck big time. It makes me hate your brand.

4. Cars that autolock their doors as you drive off -- you suck. If I want the doors locked, I'll lock them. Don't do shit for me I don't want done -- I'm driving the bus.

6. The Eagle Speedster is the most beautiful and desirable automotive object humankind has created. I will note it does NOT use a key fob.

7. People that think of automobiles as appliances are suspect and one needs to be wary about them until other positive aspects of their nature overwhelm this massive shortcoming.

8. Self-driving cars are yet another sign that human kind has jumped the shark and it's time for a comet to just take us out and give the planet back to the crocs and sharks.

FTW

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

xhristopher

MT, I see we have a lot in common.

Did you know some vehicles allow you to disable the auto door lock feature? My parents did this with their chevy truck.

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

What.

A.

Beautiful.

Car!

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

Not dead. Yet.

Got it.  So it's not a technology thing, you are just very opinionated....and you like your cars.  Fair enough!

PS.  I don't get the appeal of Twitter either.  

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

MTA: Missed the part about $350 for a second key. Didn't know that.

I think this is the going rate for pretty much ANY key that has that damned engine immobilizer chip doohickey.  My car came with 2 key/fobs.  One DH lost when the car was only about 5.  So we're down to just one key…which makes me kinda nervous.  I had planned to go get 1-2 more until I learned that they were about $350ea.  This is for an '06 Mazda 3.  Nothing fancy.  Easily $5-10k cheaper than even a low-rent Mini.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

MT, I see we have a lot in common.

Did you know some vehicles allow you to disable the auto door lock feature? My parents did this with their chevy truck.

Hate the seat belt reminder with a passion, Don't want to put it on and get it  sweat salt encrusted for the 5 minute drive back from the trail.  Then I have to hear about how my running is a dirty/stinky sport and I should do less of it until I get that seat belt washed somehow and hide my worn running clothes where no one can see them or smell them.

Also what's the deal with the "side air bag off" warning that comes on every second when someone touches some "naughty" part of the door

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Hate the seat belt reminder with a passion, Don't want to put it on and get it  sweat salt encrusted for the 5 minute drive back from the trail.  Then I have to hear about how my running is a dirty/stinky sport and I should do less of it until I get that seat belt washed somehow and hide my worn running clothes where no one can see them or smell them.

Also what's the deal with the "side air bag off" warning that comes on every second when someone touches some "naughty" part of the door

You'll be interested in knowing that the NTSB is considering rewarding auto companies that immobilize the vehicle when the seat belt is not fastened by reducing the airbag requirements on such cars.  So I heard on the radio the other day.

The King of Beasts

Color TV = good with it.

Yes, all of this. Really.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

kcam

Pet peeve of mine as well.

On my 2011 Subaru, if you connect / disconnect the seatbelt (click it in / click it out) 20 times within 30 sec of putting the key in the ignition, car not started, the driver and passenger seatbelt warning light AND chime are disabled forever thereafter.  Until the battery is disconnected, then you'd have to do perform the seatbelt ritual again.  Undocumented by Subaru except crazy weirdos (like me) find every hack available on all of their equipment.  Sweet.

I think that is a hack that the developers put in to weasel out of that stupid nanny requirement.

Imminent Catastrophe

There's probably a way to disable that.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016