^%(^*%$%# Run! (Read 884 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Asics make wide shoes Big grin
    But not in every style...that's what I really love with NB. I don't have to try on a shoe and then find out that I can't get it in my size. They ALL come in D width. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

But not in every style...that's what I really love with NB. I don't have to try on a shoe and then find out that I can't get it in my size. They ALL come in D width. Big grin k
      Guess I'm lucky they make them in 2110

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Jeffrey

I wear their 2e width shoe.
        Asics make wide shoes Big grin
        Jeffrey

Yes, I usually have a couple/few < crappy="" runs="" /> following a big race or hard long run. I think it's normal and you'll start feeling good again soon!
          Am I the only one having a string of crappy runs
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Guess I'm lucky they make them in 2110
            Oh, I don't want no stinkin' discontinued model, LOL! I have a feeling the 2110 wouldn't work for me, anyhow. Eryn loves that shoe and was in misery with the 767, which is a shoe I was loving until the PF monster got me. She found the 767 to be more stable than the 2110, and the 767 is the least stable of my shoes. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yes, I usually have a couple/few < crappy="" runs="" /> following a big race or hard long run. I think it's normal and you'll start feeling good again soon!
              Oh, I hope so! My last 3 runs before the race stunk, too. Maybe I got lucky that race day went so well. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Maybe I got lucky that race day went so well.
                Your race went so well because you were tanned, rested, and ready. Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Your race went so well because you were tanned, rested, and ready. Tongue
                  HA. And now my son thinks mommy's crazy because she's laughing at her computer monitor...again.... Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

Ok...today's run was really tough...and crappy...even my dog was tired. If I was in the zone, it was a zone I don't want to see again. Taking tomorrow off for sure
                    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                      This morning I was woken up by the birds outside my bedroom window. Cute. Except that it was 4:45 a.m. I tried to get back to sleep and couldn't so I got up and ran a super easy 3 miles, felt like the slowest three miles ever!! I was soooo tired, I yawned twice during my run. My legs didn't want to be moving. The run felt so pathetic that when I came home from work between my shifts (8-10 and then 1-5), I forced myself to do a speed workout 3 minutes at 8 min mile pace then 1 minute at 7 minute mile pace - for 4 miles. Afterwards I finally felt like I had an okay run today. Must be something in the air causing lousy running today. Confused

Michelle

I swear, 90% of the nagging issues I have had over the last year have been with my right leg or foot. My left leg and foot just plugs along and obediently does whatever I ask... My left leg is a dog, righty is a cat, apparently. k
                        Big grin me too - left leg wants to run- right tries to hitch ride! I have issues with toe box - Brooks are the only shoes I can wear, and I have tried lots! Most of their shoes are wider than average. The Adrenaline is a good shoe. Sherry - nice time on your 5K !

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                        Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The adrenaline would probably be a good shoe for me (I see that the boring color combo comes in widths, too). I think in a month or two I will go have my gait reassesed--this time WITHOUT my son along, that way I can take more time. I'd like to try more shoes similar to my 1222s. They have definitely been my favorite shoe. And if I can get my arch issues to resolve without having to change shoes that would be good, too. k

~ Sarah Kay

Some good OTC orthotics are Superfeet Sorbothane is also a good brand. I liked superfeet best before I had to go custom.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                            Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Some good OTC orthotics are Superfeet Sorbothane is also a good brand. I liked superfeet best before I had to go custom.
                              Thanks! I'm probably going to look at insoles until I can justify new shoes. All 3 of my pair are still relatively new, so I'd like to wear at least one pair out before I look at another...so maybe in a month or two. I have a shirt that I need to exchange for a larger size at that great running store an hour away, so I think I will ask about insoles then. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That reminds me...that running store has some sort of custom insole machine thingy. I wonder if that would be worth asking about? Though I think they are fairly $$. Might be worth trying a different shoe at some point, anyhow--assuming this does not heal on its own. k

~ Sarah Kay