14 min 5k , is that good enough. (Read 1139 times)

How did you calculate this "5k"?  Just in case you aren't actually just trolling, which I highly suspect you are, that is a world-class time if it was actually 5k you ran.  The pedometers and such on apps are not accurate.  A friend of mine thought she was running twice the distance she was actually running because she was using a distance calculator on her Iphone.

--- I give that a 99 and 44/100ths % possibility of being the case.  Actually, higher, but I never say 100% on anything.  Smile

Its all good though, you need a couple 'not so serious' threads around amongst the serious ones.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

I would recommend going to Chicago to do a time trial. I hear there is a well mapped out route by the train tracks...

FSBD

I find it more unbelievable that someone was listening to Missing Persons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WDly1Oc_P4

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

I think somebody actually capable of running a 5K in < 15 min would not ask if that was good enough to enter a race.

HermosaBoy

I find it more unbelievable that someone was listening to Missing Persons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WDly1Oc_P4

I liked Missing Persons -- back in the 80s...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Yeah, 14min is really good for one of those 5k marathons.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

GC100k

--- I give that a 99 and 44/100ths % possibility of being the case.  Actually, higher, but I never say 100% on anything.  Smile

Its all good though, you need a couple 'not so serious' threads around amongst the serious ones.

Agree.  A real person would have backed off with a "I better check the distance" or something.  But it's still fun.

I really enjoyed reading this; thanks.

Also, at mile 1 of a race back in '09, I was told that I had just run a 3:58 mile. After the race went on the trusty old internets and found out that they had setup the mile marker at ~0.7 miles.

The actual mile would have been in the middle of one of the places where the path crossed a major street so I guess the RD was like f* it; if we can't put it on the mile just put the marker wherever the hell you want.

I told the volunteers it was BS but kept running so I don't know what their reaction was. For some perspective, this was a 3.4 mile "5k" that attracted 40 runners and didn't offer prize money. I was in 3rd place at the "mile" which we went through about a minute shorter than my mile PR.

If that was my only race though and I had one of those southern style bellies, you bet your ass I'd be telling everyone that I had run sub 4!

Revenge of the Nerd

Dam you mstuartm!  Now to cleanse the palate  ... the O-riginal Gaga (I bet she had a meat dress stashed somewhere):

She was also the voice of  "the charming Mary from Canoga Park..." for Zappa's  rock opera Joe's Garage.

"Lured into a life of sleazery..."

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

dallison

registered pw

lol, i second this.

I would recommend going to Chicago to do a time trial. I hear there is a well mapped out route by the train tracks...

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

I was just thinking about poor old belt cinched to hell Bob and his startling similarities to Manfro while out on my 7-mile  marathon this morning!

RunnJoe

I dunno, probably not fast around here.  I regularly post 9 minute 5ks when I'm pushing a double jogging stroller.  But that's on a hilly course and in 2 feet of snow.  Plus, I don't wear shoes when I run and the wheels on the stroller are kinda low, in fact, the front wheel is missing so I constantly have to push down in the back, kind of like a permanent wheely.  I don't think my kids will like it but so far I've only run with the stroller with my wife in it, since the kids are too young.  She's a bit beyond the recommended weight limit, but I figure, she's really thin, especially having just given birth to twins a few months ago, so it's probably ok.

So, you might want to reconsider next time you take a few years off.  Maybe you'll get it back in a few more years but you might want to train with my stroller to get faster.

I'm still laughing at this a day later.

--- The threat of the Chicago Metra cops giving you a ticket certainly would improve your time as you run to avoid a multi-hundred dollar ticket and a CONVICTION on your permanent record!   "No catchy, no ticket", Run like hell I say.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

joescott

Yes, quite good.

"A more pleasant person would have just let the idiocy of it all pass by with no more ire than one might have when a 3rd-grader insists that he is growing a tail."

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

keeponrunning

+1.  I thought I'd give a serious answer for our amusement though Big grin  Wonder what happened to OP, he hasn't replied lately.  Maybe his mom found out he was skipping school and he's grounded from the internet?

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022