swollen glands/lymph nodes and running through sickness (Read 3749 times)

muse_runner

keep running.

Okay so I'm stupid person trying to run high-"ish" mileage year round. This requires that I occasionally run through ailments like the beginnings and/or endings of a cold flu etc. So now I have swollen glands though. Do other crazy runners get this? Advice from other people driven by mileage plans?
    running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
      Since I'm currently running and still coughing up green stuff (yes I know TMI) I'd probably run through swollen glands though so far I haven't had to. Sorry no real advice lol

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Scout7

Can you breathe? Then I'd say you can run. I've done far dumber things. Not that I'm recommending ever listening to any of my advice based on that statement alone.

Sluggard

I'm a big wuss, but I don't like to be sick. I've always heard that "rest" is one of the things you ought to consume in large amounts when you are sick, along with fluids and television. And in my book, "running" <> "rest." I've had congestion, headaches, "digestive issues," and general fatigue for about a week, and I haven't run a step.
          muse_runner

keep running.

Scout, I can breathe... I have some residual soreness in my lungs with a little teenie bit of mucus from a prior bout of the flu, which I ran through the latter half of. I managed to do a 12 miler with the flu. But the funny thing is I feel less worse than I did last week but this week my motivation is shot. Is it because if you don't break down physically your mind just caves? I want my MOJO.... Sad
            running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.

Prophet!

i run through sicknesses whenever i can...most of the time running seems to suppress the coughing/hacking but once i stop running then the it all goes to hell Shy
              Scout7

You're allowed to have a bad week. I know that just the fact that you're sick can have a demoralizing effect. If you need to take a day or two or seven, then so be it.
                  i run through sicknesses whenever i can...most of the time running seems to suppress the coughing/hacking but once i stop running then the it all goes to hell Shy
                  Don't stop running then? Wink Ewa
                  I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

now I have swollen glands though
                    Too much fun in Vegas? You know, what happens in Vegas is supposed to stay in Vegas Big grin Keep on running! Just take it easy.
                      So now I have swollen glands though. Do other crazy runners get this?
                      My glands swell up all the time, ranging from being sick to just not getting enough sleep. My doctor said it's pretty normal, it's been happening since i was in high school. I just run through it :O) They'll go away after awhile !! Good luck
                      muse_runner

keep running.

Trent--No diggity huh.... Vegas slapped me bad last week but I still put 38.2 miles in. This week there's no excuse really... just feel like garbage. I think we've discussed the real issue: mojo is no-go lately tomorrow! Maybe I can throw down 15 miles or something. Thanks for letting me know that swollen lymph nodes/glands are normal...
                          muse, good to see you Smile
                          2009: BQ?
                          muse_runner

keep running.

chickie I lost that post where you did your email... been searching for you!