Looking for Compression Shorts that don't Irritate!!!! (Read 186 times)

Juggernaut217

training for a marathon and doin about 25 miles a week. I tried UNDER ARMOR & CHAMPION Compression shorts and found that after my long run, the stitching around the crouch would leave me irritated. 

Are there better compression shores out there that won't leave me irritated after long runs??????

The stitching support around the crouch is culprit!! 

Thanks!!

Frank

I had a similar issue in every time I would run more than three or four miles I would get serious chaffing...  So I started wearing compression shorts.   The compressions stopped the chaffing but were really uncomfortable to wear.   I was talking to a friend (runner and open water swimmer) and he advised me to try competitive swim wear which I did and I LOVE them.    Now I only run in compression style swim wear, no chaffing and they are comfortable to wear and they aren't so hot or tight......and cost a lot less too...

Give them a shot.......I think this will fix your issue - it sure did for me....

http://www.swimoutlet.com/p/sporti-polyester-solid-swim-jammer-24816/?color=210

BTW - the picture that comes up show RED which would be a bit wild for my taste, but you can get them in Dark Blue or Black.....I got the Black ones.......

Champions are made when no one is watching

Marylander

training for a marathon and doin about 25 miles a week.

This does not compute... Wink That said, you might try wearing your current compression shorts inside out and see if that helps. It would put the edges of the seams on the outside instead of against your skin. It's something to try at least.

This does not compute... Wink 

I was kind of thinking the same thing but that wasn't really the question so I ignored it...

Champions are made when no one is watching

Juggernaut217

training for a marathon and doin about 25 miles a week. I tried UNDER ARMOR & CHAMPION Compression shorts and found that after my long run, the stitching around the crouch would leave me irritated. 

Are there better compression shorts out there that won't leave me irritated after long runs??????

The stitching support around the crouch is culprit!! 

Thanks!!

Frank

Still kicking

Another vote for swimwear! No chaffing problems at all for long runs and marathons.

That's what I'm wearing in my avatar.

I'm also on Athlinks and Strava

Give them a shot.......I think this will fix your issue - it sure did for me....

http://www.swimoutlet.com/p/sporti-polyester-solid-swim-jammer-24816/?color=210

I almost order 2 pair but reading the reviews suggested I'd have a problem with them.  Several brands of compression shorts I've bought over the years are really tight in the thighs.  The waist is fine, but I feel like I have a tourniquet on my thigh.  I could order four inches too big in the waist to compensate but I'm not really interested in having a loose waist band.

AckerAlbert

spam

Latent Runner

^ SPAM!

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
                    • 2-mile: 13:49
                    • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
                    • 5-Mile: 37:24
                    • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
                    • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
                    • Half Marathon: 1:42:13

My first pair of compression shorts were Nike and they, inexplicably, had the seam running straight up the middle of the crotch.  To say this was irritating is an understatement.  Since then, I've tried various brands but found Eastbay to be the best value.  Very inexpensive and they do the job.

To combat chafing, I have also tried various products and found this to be the best:  http://drygoods.com/products.php  Let's just say the boys are grateful.

Yeah, well...sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

didfwqni

link spam
                        jeffdonahue

I like the raceready.com compressions shorts.

Plus, have you tried just slapping some bodyglide down there before your runs?  That would probably solve any issues as well

The Asics running underwear is excellent. I don't know if they have full length compression shorts, if it's quad support you're looking for. Personally, I get more chafing with tight compression shorts than looser briefs. The compression shorts squeeze parts of me together more, and I get skin on skin chafing.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Hope the OP wasn't chafing over the last six years.

an amazing likeness

Hope the OP wasn't chafing over the last six years.

That's going to make for one very exiting shower when it happens...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.