Pistorius: a hero, yes, but not an Olympian - Mick Hume (Read 1155 times)

#artbydmcbride

"In his appeal to the Court of Arbitration, Pistorius was represented by Jeffrey Kessler, a Manhattan lawyer well known in the U.S. for negotiating collective bargaining agreements on behalf of N.F.L. and N.B.A. players. Kessler demolished the I.A.A.F.’s case, and it may not have been that difficult to do so. “All of it was pretty much nonsense,” Herr said of the I.A.A.F.’s conclusions. Another member of the team that tested Pistorius in Houston, Peter Weyand, a professor of applied physiology and biomechanics at Southern Methodist University, put it differently. “They brought the wrong scientific case forward,” he told me.

The unanimous verdict of the three arbitrators said that the data assembled from Pistorius at Rice showed that he used “the same oxygen amounts” and “fatigued normally.”"

Runners run

mikeymike

At jogging paces.

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

The irony.

Apparently Oscar feels that only his blades are the proper length and any longer confer an unfair advantage.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

huh.

I was surprised to hear he competed both in the normal olympics and the paralympics; i found it unfair.

and now this.

mikeymike

Yes, he claims that he can't compete with Alan Oliveira's stride length which he believes is the result of Cheetah Blades that are too long. Unfortunately it turns out that Oliveira's stride length is shorter than Pistorius' and that his blades are within the rules.

Welcome to the slippery slope!

Runners run

I hate entering races with runners who have longer strides than me too.  I wish something would be done to make everything more fair.

Imminent Catastrophe

Apparently the IPC rules are different from the IAAF rules for this sort of thing. Slippery slope, indeed.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

huh.

I was surprised to hear he competed both in the normal olympics and the paralympics; i found it unfair.

and now this.

No, no, what's unfair is that he didn't get gold at both. They need to ban the people that beat him.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.