2,800 miles ran in my entire life yay!!!! (Read 62 times)

In honor of me being 28 yrs old!

I know it's NOTHING compared to the Serious Runners(tm). I AM DIRT I'M NOT WORTHY!! but it's still ...something!!! I mean it's better than 0 miles jogged in my entire life Right???  Another 200 and I'll have the big 3k!

That is...if I can just GET running again...and STAY running..without getting hurt....I'm 28 years old...I weigh 130 lbs...why am I struggling so much? Oh right because (insert excuse). Damn. Consult your local chiropractor.

if you're tired of starting over then stop giving up!

Altair5

Runs in the rain

Since no one else has bother to reply I feel I must offer encouragement by saying well done! At least you are out there moving! However, to put things in perspective, there are plenty here who run over 2800 miles each year and if I combine last years and 2017s millage I get 2840 miles for myself with just those two years, and I'm over 70 years old! I see you ran over 120 miles in November and ran a lot more consistently back in 2019 with having like a 150 mile month. If you could get close to maintaining those levels you would be making good progress!

Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
      Get up, get out, get out of the door!

Since no one else has bother to reply I feel I must offer encouragement by saying well done! At least you are out there moving! However, to put things in perspective, there are plenty here who run over 2800 miles each year and if I combine last years and 2017s millage I get 2840 miles for myself with just those two years, and I'm over 70 years old! I see you ran over 120 miles in November and ran a lot more consistently back in 2019 with having like a 150 mile month. If you could get close to maintaining those levels you would be making good progress!

Thanks man! I know I suck. I was an ok runner until I did the manual labor lifting heavy things and stopped running. Then I gained bulk and became better at lifting the heavy things than running. Anyways it's probably all excuses since david goggins both runs and lifts heavy things. Redistribution of mass and subsequent loss of muscle tone in the legs is nothing training couldn't fix. I hope.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I weighed 140 when I was 28. I am 5'10". Slow your pace. Do not run to impress. Low heart rate training decrease my number of minor injuries ( shin splints-- a sore back--sore knees). I did a 4.8-mile walk today.I have 52 miles for the month which is more miles than I had for  Nov and Dec of 2022. Stay positive. Stay focused.

I had not run 2800 miles by the time I was 28. You are probably ahead of most 28 YO's.

Thanks man! I know I suck. I was an ok runner until I did the manual labor lifting heavy things and stopped running. Then I gained bulk and became better at lifting the heavy things than running. Anyways it's probably all excuses since david goggins both runs and lifts heavy things. Redistribution of mass and subsequent loss of muscle tone in the legs is nothing training couldn't fix. I hope.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

dktrotter

Dorothea

Didn't want to ignore this! If you put it this way, you ran an average of 100 miles a year, which is still more than non-runners do. Just a steady increase in commitment and miles it all it takes if you want to get more.

Also, look at Ryan Hall; he went from elite runner to lifting all the heavy things, and he still paces his wife in some training runs. You just need to decide what your priority is right now. Your body is in a constant state of change, nudging it towards one direction or another is never permanent.

Qualifications: I like to run. In Florida. In the summer. At noon.  

Last race: Community 5K, March 2nd. Speed test run with 2 walk breaks. Went pretty well.  

I weighed 140 when I was 28. I am 5'10". Slow your pace. Do not run to impress. Low heart rate training decrease my number of minor injuries ( shin splints-- a sore back--sore knees). I did a 4.8-mile walk today.I have 52 miles for the month which is more miles than I had for  Nov and Dec of 2022. Stay positive. Stay focused.

I had not run 2800 miles by the time I was 28. You are probably ahead of most 28 YO's.

Thanks man. Yea stuffs been rough I been working a lot I been in construction and factories and stuff just tried dishwasher but I don't wanna backslide because it's pretty sad to be dishwashing at 28. But I'm desperate to get out of the nest and move to the city. One of those failure to launch cases. When my dad and I used to fight I would always go running because it was easier than talking. What am I doing with my life.  Need to get in shape again and get a good morning routine again. I need that sanity back. First I gotta get my 3 miles back down then I can get 4 and go up from there. I can tell I need the cardio because I never used to have a little belly. Nothing major but enough to let me know I gotta stay moving and running used to always be how I managed that. I was never inactive as shit but I got depressed and lethargic and shit for awhile. Man I'm a failure in life I'm still depressed as shit lol. Someday things will be better. I know this though when my body's unhealthy my mind is too.

Didn't want to ignore this! If you put it this way, you ran an average of 100 miles a year, which is still more than non-runners do. Just a steady increase in commitment and miles it all it takes if you want to get more.

Also, look at Ryan Hall; he went from elite runner to lifting all the heavy things, and he still paces his wife in some training runs. You just need to decide what your priority is right now. Your body is in a constant state of change, nudging it towards one direction or another is never permanent.

Priority #1 - get a job and keep a job

Priority #2 - move out of mommy and daddy's

(Jk...kinda)

Nah lol thanks for the encouragement dude but fitness has to be a priority for me now I'm not getting any younger. I need to get it back so I can distract myself from life again and it's better than smoking pot and unlike smoking pot actually does something good for you. I'm a loser at the moment and I gotta stop making excuses for everything. Antidepressant meds still don't benefit me the way endorphins from long runs used to. I was an idiot to ever take that kind of cardiovascular endurance for granted.

dktrotter

Dorothea

Hey, a loser would be living with his parents and have a dead-end job and be like "okay, this is it." You're making plans to get out of those situations... stick to them! FTR, the pandemic upended the lives of a lot of us millennials. I was 29, living on my own and pursuing a PhD. The pandemic hit and I had to go back home and live with my parents for 2 years. Did finish the PhD, but only under incredible duress and wrecking my mental health. Was jobless for a bit and then got an entry-level job as a copyeditor. Then I got a bit lucky and things are looking up. What runnerclay wrote: Stay positive, stay focused.

Qualifications: I like to run. In Florida. In the summer. At noon.  

Last race: Community 5K, March 2nd. Speed test run with 2 walk breaks. Went pretty well.  

Hey, a loser would be living with his parents and have a dead-end job and be like "okay, this is it." You're making plans to get out of those situations... stick to them! FTR, the pandemic upended the lives of a lot of us millennials. I was 29, living on my own and pursuing a PhD. The pandemic hit and I had to go back home and live with my parents for 2 years. Did finish the PhD, but only under incredible duress and wrecking my mental health. Was jobless for a bit and then got an entry-level job as a copyeditor. Then I got a bit lucky and things are looking up. What runnerclay wrote: Stay positive, stay focused.

Thanks man. I'm sorry to hear things got rough for you but glad they're looking up. Yeah I dropped outta college. I was pursuing a bachelor's for which I have 66 credits left but I don't really know the degree would translate into a career anyway. Thinking about it tho I had absolutely no idea who I was at the time. Now I feel like the best I can do is just to get out of here and reinvent myself and be a better human being. I wanna get to travel and go different places I'm stuck in a rural area like Luke on Tattooine. Lots of long quiet roads for runnin tho so I'll shut up and get my running back so at least I got my 30-60 min of sanity a day. I was just up to nearly 8 miles again then went to the hospital and got put on pills and got lethargic and skinnyfat again. Now I feel like a shlub shlacker. Such is life. And life is crazy.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'd like to add one thing. Set up a routine for yourself that doesn't allow any negotiation and especially no weasling out. Running, even if it's just 20 minutes, is something you Do. Every. Day.  No excuses.

I'd like to add one thing. Set up a routine for yourself that doesn't allow any negotiation and especially no weasling out. Running, even if it's just 20 minutes, is something you Do. Every. Day.  No excuses.

I like that, I should do it. I will do it. I need the spirit of Puritan suffering back in my life like it was when I cracked 8 miles effortlessly, brief as those days were. Good ol Puritan suffering. I was less whiny and emotional and shit when I was a non jogger too. Coincidence I think not. Also I should join a gym and lift heavy things even when not at work.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I like that, I should do it. I will do it. I need the spirit of Puritan suffering back in my life like it was when I cracked 8 miles effortlessly, brief as those days were. Good ol Puritan suffering. I was less whiny and emotional and shit when I was a non jogger too. Coincidence I think not. Also I should join a gym and lift heavy things even when not at work.

Well, I hope it's not a case of Puritan suffering most of the time. Big grin  Anyway, I think the Puritans just accepted it as integral to their lives (whatever "it" was).

Well, I hope it's not a case of Puritan suffering most of the time. Big grin  Anyway, I think the Puritans just accepted it as integral to their lives (whatever "it" was).

Puritan suffering reframed as radical Daoism, it makes sense. The view that the obstacle IS the way rather than trying to avoid the obstacle. I try to keep that in mind when I have a job I hate which is always. I still want compensated for hearing loss from that lumber mill tho. But...settlements are a cheap shot.

Altair5

Runs in the rain

Tough Guy - "Ya wimp! Git your sorry butt out there every day and run like a freakin' animal!"

Voice of Reason - "Now, Now! If you overexert you will be breaking yourself down faster than you can build up, you need rest days to recover and too much too soon can lead to injuries. Build up distance adding no more than 10% increase a week and don't work on speed until you build up a good base of lots of slow miles."

Laid Back Dude - "Just do what you feel man! If you don't feel the vibe just mellow out, but if you're in the zone go for it!"

Body Builder - "Bulk up and pump iron! You don't need all that cardio! You will lose the fast twitch fibers you need for strength!"

Cross Trainer - "You know you can do other exercises that are less stressful to build fitness, like cycling, the elliptical, swimming, walking, pickleball .. etc."

Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
                              Get up, get out, get out of the door!

Salim

Great job. I believe in you!

monkey mart