New member, first post! (Read 153 times)

halfMyFormerSelf

Good (insert time of day here) to everyone!

I had been considering joining a running forum for a while now, so I'm very glad to have found this place! Running is a very new passion for me, as I have only been doing it since October. Prior that, I was mainly just working to get in some sort of shape as I was reversing a lifetime of obesity. I didn't have all of the weight off when I started running (most of it though) but oh boy did it fly off once I started running. In fact, thanks to running I ended up losing even more weight than I had been trying to!

After losing over 135 pounds, running is probably the greatest medicine in my life. It has even motivated me to leave my previous career and return to university, hoping to study physical education.

Hoping to have some great conversations during my time here Smile

- AM

PS: Any Newfoundlanders/eastern Canadians on here?

KCRuns

Welcome to the RA forums and congrats on your weight loss!  That's awesome!

dcowboys31

Hello,

I am new here as well and started running like you did last year (October 2017).  I had a major life change since then as I lost my beautiful wife on February  3 2018 and through a lot of ups and mostly downs the past few months running has been what has gotten me through to this point. Hope you find this site as helpful as I have in receiving  and learning about training, racing and just general advice.

Jay

Altair5

Runs in the rain

Losing 30 pounds is a major accomplishment, but 135 is just fantastic!  I always have trouble losing my holiday weight and try to lose like 20 pounds in the spring and summer. Anyway, congratulations on the lifestyle change and I'm sure you will get helpful advice here when needed (although you may get differing viewpoints and disagreements in the replies)

Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
          Get up, get out, get out of the door!

halfMyFormerSelf

Thank you to everyone who replied! Looking forward to constructive discussions from those who are as passionate about this as I am.

BarneyBunch

Welcome to the forum!

This welcome is about a week late, but hopefully you don't mind. There are a lot of great and helpful discussions on this forum. I, personally, like reading the discussions. I make a comment every once in a while, but mainly just enjoy reading what everyone else has to say. Anyways, It's great that you have a new passion for running! It seems to be doing great wonders for your fitness and health. Keep it up! Smile

Jaimohan

Hello Guys, I am new to this forum.

kittenkatkk

English Villain

Welcome new people Smile

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

PS: Any Newfoundlanders/eastern Canadians on here?

Not me, but NL is a favorite vacation destination.

BTW be sure to check out the user groups. There's a great variety to chose from and they are often more active than the forums.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

roman_the_runner

Run, boy, run

Damn, 135 pounds is a lot. Congrats on that and good luck with your future accomplishments!

Sunflower747

Welcome! Congrats on the weight loss that is not easy to do!

JimR

Didn't notice this post when it was issued.

Yes, welcome, and yes there are.  I'm a Cape Bretoner.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Welcome! Not a Maritimer, but welcome from the Canadian prairies! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.