What would you like to see on the summary page? (Read 1975 times)

eric :)

Hi folks! As you already know, I'm working on revamping the reporting pages. It's quite a wide scope since any page containing your training data can be considered a reporting page. For this thread, I want to focus on the summary page. What kind of data would you like to see on it? Please be as specific as you can. For example, "I want to be able to list my active shoes and their mileage on the left side of the page". I'm taking orders so please speak up now. Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. eric Smile
    va

I think the summary page is very good now. One improvement could be the inclusion of pace data. Specifically: 1. In the Weekly Distances and Monthly Distances tables, add a column showing the corresponding pace. 2. In the 2006 Stats and Total Stats tables, add a row shoring the corresponding pace. 3. Add an additional graph, below the current graph, which plots Pace vs Date. Thanks for asking!
      va

Another thing that would be useful is the ability to click on a particular bar within the summary graph and have this take you to the corresponding workout details vie page. Currently, I have to click "Workouts" in the menu, and then find the appropriate entry in the table of workouts, and then click the "View entry" actions icon.
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Another thing that would be useful is the ability to click on a particular bar within the summary graph and have this take you to the corresponding workout details vie page. Currently, I have to click "Workouts" in the menu, and then find the appropriate entry in the table of workouts, and then click the "View entry" actions icon.
          I agree - this would be very useful. I've wished for it a few times.

Roads were made for journeys...

Jeffrey

Hi Eric, I don't want to bury you in challenging Feature Requests ... if you can pull anything from this list please do so! - I liked the addition of the weather forecast tool! - Personal Best Race stats grouped by distance. Maybe this would be a nice way to remember a great race and a motivating factor. I got this idea from reading the Virtual Race summaries that Wingz creates. - Next Race countdown. My watch has a countdown to my next race feature. I like this reminder but it seems a bit too *persistent* on my watch face Smile. - Summary of User Groups I am a member in; with a direct link to their individual Forum pages - Clicking a colored bar links to the Calendar -> Run Entry Info (for the exact day clicked). I write myself notes on the majority of my runs so it would be nice to have a shorter path to my notes - based on the visual bars in the graph. Thank you for runningAHEAD.com Big grin
            Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Eric I'd like to see a figure for miles & average pace for 'Last 7 days' and 'Last 30 days' (a sort of rolling weekly & monthly figure). Thanks Neil

Running ... just keep running!

mikeymike

Maybe I'm the only one but I would love to have a calendar view on the summary page. Instead of (or maybe in addition to) the bar graph you could put a smaller version of the calendar view that still gives you the ability to click the workouts and open them etc. I also think the summary data (week, month, total) can be shrunken down a bit and moved to the right margin maybe to make space for this. Even on my little 15" laptop screen there seems to be enough space for all of this if you change the size of some things. You could also save more space by reducing the weather bubble. I'd be fine with just a text version of the weather info i.e.: "Current weather: 35F, windy." Short of that, the ability to click a bar on the graph to open the workout, as others have suggested, would be nice.

Runners run

JakeKnight

A paradoxical request: don't junk it up too much. I like it just the way it is, to tell the truth. More shiny bells and whistles might be nice, but if you do add a great deal to the summary page ... maybe consider a more extensive set of 'options' so some of us can opt out of some of the display? One other thing: it's been mentioned before, but to be able to click on a particular bar on the summary and go to that workout's info would be cool.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

JakeKnight

Short of that, the ability to click a bar on the graph to open the workout, as others have suggested, would be nice.
                    (not so) great minds and all ....

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                    -----------------------------

derek

It'll be good if you can fix the graph to get around browser caching. The URL for the graph is the same for all users so sometimes when I look at someone else's summary data, "my" graph is displayed. If I force a page reload (SHIFT-reload), the graph updates. Maybe you should include a person's user ID in the URL so browsers will fetch the new image.

Derek

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

More shiny bells and whistles might be nice, but if you do add a great deal to the summary page ... maybe consider a more extensive set of 'options' so some of us can opt out of some of the display?
                        Ooh, Widgets! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

RunningHammer

Hi Eric Probably repeating most if not all of the above, but i'd like to see (in addition to the existing summaries): Total distance run summary for each pair of shoes (active only) Click on a bar in the chart takes you to the workout Chart at the top, tables underneath Personal Records summary with Distance/Pace/Time/Date columns Cheers D
                            The only feature that's really missing (for me) right now is a summary graph that incorporates other sports into the same graph... I'm currently cycling more than I'm running and it's a bummer that my graph makes me look like an underachiever.... this could either be fixed through years of therapy or a graph that incorporates total minutes spent working out (on any sports) all week long.. Exactly the way they do it at beginnertriathlete.com would be divine. Love the ideas about 7 and 30 days trends for pace and distance... not a fan of shoe data/weather data myself -- simply because I think a workout summary page should be that... and nothing more. (that being said, this website is called "running ahead" -- not cross-training ahead, so i'm ok if others think incorporating cross training graphs into a summary page also junks things up. Smile

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The only feature that's really missing (for me) right now is a summary graph that incorporates other sports into the same graph... I'm currently cycling more than I'm running and it's a bummer that my graph makes me look like an underachiever.... this could either be fixed through years of therapy or a graph that incorporates total minutes spent working out (on any sports) all week long..
                              Heh, once I shake this cold I plan to do 2 days of cross-training and 3 days of running, instead of 4-5 days of running I do during warmer months, so I hear exactly what you are saying. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I will third zoom-zoom & mgrimm's suggestions to incorporate other sports into our graphs! That would be my #1 most requested summary page thing.