Do You Parkrun? (Read 165 times)

My home run is Wascana Parkrun which set a new Canadian record yesterday for the most participants at 253. Smile

Wow that’s a lot! The one I’ve gone to gets roughly in the 30-50 range. Although interestingly, the new one that just started is already getting more like 60-80.

Dave

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

This was our local parkrun's one year anniversary and they put the call out to try to get a record number out for our anniversary. There were 122 first timers. Quite a number of local run clubs were represented. Normally we have between 35 and 50, but hopefully a lot of newcomers show up again. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Am I allowed to say I've done 173

Yes, ok,  I signed up very early, my number is in the 20,000's

The first one I ever did was in Hove Park near Brighton but my local one is at Eastbourne.

I've even been to run at the original one at Bushy Park in London, last time I went there it had over 1000 running.

But seriously folks, don't overlook parkrun, it's full of really nice people, people who give up their time for others. If you go regularly enough you'll start talking to a few other regulars and find friends.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Am I allowed to say I've done 173

Yes, ok,  I signed up very early, my number is in the 20,000's

The first one I ever did was in Hove Park near Brighton but my local one is at Eastbourne.

I've even been to run at the original one at Bushy Park in London, last time I went there it had over 1000 running.

But seriously folks, don't overlook parkrun, it's full of really nice people, people who give up their time for others. If you go regularly enough you'll start talking to a few other regulars and find friends.

Hove Park was my first Parkrun back in 2010 and is very popular (516 finishers last Saturday). Preston Park also gets over 400 runners regularly. I ran my 5k PB at Seaford which started this year and is a fast out and back course along the seafront. I haven’t done Eastbourne yet, but I ran the Eastbourne Trackstar Marathon in May which was a good experience!

I agree that it’s a friendly vibe and a social morning for some as there’s usually a park cafe to hangout after the race.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Bloody hell Mikkey you're fast!

Same age category as me, best I could do just now would be about 23 building back up.

I do a bit of tourism with a couple of friends, went to Bedgebury Pinetum last Saturday, had a bad run but I really loved the course.

If we are planning on hitting any of the Brighton ones I'll give you a shout, maybe we could meet up and say hi.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Bloody hell Mikkey you're fast!

Same age category as me, best I could do just now would be about 23 building back up.

I do a bit of tourism with a couple of friends, went to Bedgebury Pinetum last Saturday, had a bad run but I really loved the course.

If we are planning on hitting any of the Brighton ones I'll give you a shout, maybe we could meet up and say hi.

I had to google that one and it looks like a great place to visit and a very scenic looking course!

I’m registered for the Brighton 10k in November and will be up for some Parkruns in Sept/Oct so give me a shout and I’ll let you know about Eastbourne as I’d like to run that one at some point. 👍

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)