Mission Completed: "I am a Half-Marathon Finisher!!!!" (Read 1020 times)

2008 Philly Trifecta

On 11/18/07, I attempted and finished the Philadelphia Half Marathon. Details are posted on my blog page below. Thanks to all of my RA friends...you know who you are! Wink Your support and advice helped my get over the finish line, and look towards new goals for 2008 Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
    2008 Philly Trifecta:
    10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
    Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
    Philly Marathon-11/23
    "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

Way to go Dave! Congratulations!! Welcome to the First Timer 1/2 Marathon Club - I did my first this year in September (Philly Distance Run.) This is a big accomplishment, and you should be proud of yourself. Take some time to bask in the glow of reaching your goal!! Jeff

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Anyone have pizza?

On 11/18/07, I attempted and finished the Philadelphia Half Marathon. Details are posted on my blog page below. Thanks to all of my RA friends...you know who you are! Wink Your support and advice helped my get over the finish line, and look towards new goals for 2008 Dave
        Hey Dave, Congratulations on your wonderful accomplishment!! I hear there's a pretty cool marathon in NJ that starts in Long Branch (I think) next April and another one in Long Island in May. I'm not sure if I can make it to the Jersey one, but if you run in the Long Island one, then I'll see you there! Great job again!!! -A
        Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Dave - congratulations - the first one is always very special. I'm really pleased that you have an appetite to return for more races in 2008 - it will just get better and better I assure you (this is from a man who did not start running until I was 41 years old)! Neil UK Smile

Running ... just keep running!

GP160

WOW thats amazing!! Congrats Big grin
            Ironman Louisville 8-30-09
              That's awesome, Dave! Congrats! I knew you could do it. Been waiting for your report and am very happy you finished your first half!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Congratulations.
                "If I control myself, I control my destiny."
                  Congrats! Smile
                  2009: BQ?

Another Passion

WTG, Dave! Congratulations on slaying your second giant. Wink

Rick
                    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Great run & great report, Dave!

2008 Philly Trifecta

Thanks to all for the kind words!!! I could not have done this without the support, posts, and advice from those I've found here at RA! Give YOURSELVES a hand!!! Wink Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
                        2008 Philly Trifecta:
                        10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
                        Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
                        Philly Marathon-11/23
                        "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

Mishka-old log

Nice job dude!
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I love HMs! That first one will always be memorable. And I LOVE your avatar photo...I'm so glad you had such a great finish. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Congrats dude! Big grin
                              "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
                                Very nice! Congratulations Dave!! Smile

Michelle