Check this out (Read 1038 times)

jeffdonahue

I am pretty proud of how it came out. http://www.amazon.com/No-Finish-Line-Jeff-Donahue/dp/1440453004/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226344005&sr=8-14 If the link doesnt work, go to Amazon.com and do a search for Jeff Donahue (that's me) Big grin
    nkeliher

Running nut

No way, you wrote a book?!? Man, I feel like such an underachiever compared to some of the folks on this site, but I'm inspired nonetheless.
        Jeff....looked at the cover...and it looks good, but our web is a little sketchy so I couldnt do too much looking at the book... Can you give a short summary of what its about???? Im impressed..... Big grin

Champions are made when no one is watching

jeffdonahue

Jeff....looked at the cover...and it looks good, but our web is a little sketchy so I couldnt do too much looking at the book... Can you give a short summary of what its about???? Im impressed..... Big grin
          Certainly, It's about a triathlon being held by a private sponsor on his own island - with a twist. There is no finish line. There are 300 competitors, and they all have to compete in the events until they can't any more - literally fall down and cant go on. So 300 will start the swim, when 100 drop out, 200 move on to the bike, 100 more out and the final 100 move on to the run. The other twist - when you drop out, you're dead. They kill you right there on the spot. Only the final man standing will survive.
          theyapper

On the road again...

Awesome job, Jeff! Nice to meet another author. (Here are my books on Amazon... http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Paul+Jenkins+and+Evotions&x=0&y=0)

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Good stuff - I will check it out.
                Sounds vaguely similar to Stephen King's (as Richard Bachman) "The Long Walk." Similar concept anyway, I'm sure yours is better. Wink I definitely feel like a slacker now. I have only 1 kid and I can barely fit running into my schedule, much less writing a book. Congrats.
                celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Congratulations! It seems like my kind of read, so I'll definitely check it out.

Chris
                  PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

jeffdonahue

Sounds vaguely similar to Stephen King's (as Richard Bachman) "The Long Walk." Similar concept anyway, I'm sure yours is better. Wink I definitely feel like a slacker now. I have only 1 kid and I can barely fit running into my schedule, much less writing a book. Congrats.
                    It was definitely part of my inspiration - that combined with finishing Ironman Florida a few years ago sparked my idea for the book.
                    Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

So, when do you start selling autographed copies?

TRUST THE PROCESS

Sounds like a cool book! I bet that would be one LONG swim..

Insert witty title here

It was definitely part of my inspiration - that combined with finishing Ironman Florida a few years ago sparked my idea for the book.
                          Wait.. they killed DNF'ers on the spot at Ironman Florida?! Rough! Shocked Seriously though, sounds like a book I'll be picking up soon.

ThomasRuns Blog
                          Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]