Smartphone: The Ultimate Runner's Tool (Read 343 times)

sluggo

John

Me too. I sometimes regret not bringing my gear (I' m a photographer), but then I remember it weighs like, A LOT, and I stop regretting it.

I carry an iPhone 6 that I carry in a nice belt and I don't notice the weight.

It's great for my podcasts and RunForth logs my miles into RA with no help from me.

John
    www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

I carry an iPhone 6 that I carry in a nice belt and I don't notice the weight.

It's great for my podcasts and RunForth logs my miles into RA with no help from me.

I don't notice any weight with my iPhone 5 cuz I put it in a Otter Box and clip it to my belt, since I'm one of the few runners who wears cutoff jeans while running.  What I like about it is listening to tunes while running and sometimes I use Runkeeper on it to measure and track my runs.  Although I still prefer a GPS watch when it comes to that.

Outside Lane

Go Cubs!  

I don't notice any weight with my iPhone 5 cuz I put it in a Otter Box and clip it to my belt, since I'm one of the few runners who wears cutoff jeans while running.  What I like about it is listening to tunes while running and sometimes I use Runkeeper on it to measure and track my runs.  Although I still prefer a GPS watch when it comes to that.

See how they run...

JanaLamb

I never wear belt and jeans when running cause I never saw a runner do so. But this does look more comfy than armbands.

Increase Speed and Stamina Blog

sluggo

John

I never wear belt and jeans when running cause I never saw a runner do so. But this does look more comfy than armbands.

I wear a belt specifically designed for running. It has 2 pockets and both of them easily hold my iPhone 6. I like it.

I listen to podcasts on the iPhone while running and use RunForth to log my miles. It is a nice combination.

Plus, I need the phone when I am on call

John
            www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

Joann Y

Let's say you did see a runner wearing jeans while running and wanted to recommend to other runners what jeans to wear what kind would they be? Jordache? Guess? Z Cavaricci? There are a lot of attractive and flattering options. I don't know what kids where these days! LOL

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Let's say you did see a runner wearing jeans while running and wanted to recommend to other runners what jeans to wear what kind would they be? Jordache? Guess? Z Cavaricci? There are a lot of attractive and flattering options. I don't know what kids where these days! LOL

Obviously you want pockets, for storage, and breathability and adjustability, for comfort.

These would seem to be winners on all counts:

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Maybe coupled with a top like this:

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Joann Y

Maybe coupled with a top like this:

You almost wouldn't need an armband! LOL!

Marylander

This past sunday as I was getting on the trail I saw that a guy in jeans carrying an umbrella was running. I got on just a little ahead of him. He followed behind me for the next mile with his keys and other stuff obviously jingling in his pocket. At the mile marker he turned around. I thought it was pretty funny. When I was leaving about 8 miles later I saw him sitting in the parking lot in his car. I should have asked him what running jeans he was wearing... Wink

JanaLamb

I guess this photo sums it up. So far this thread took a turn from Smartphone: The Ultimate Runner's Tool to Jeans: The Ulimate Runner's Attire.

Obviously you want pockets, for storage, and breathability and adjustability, for comfort.

Increase Speed and Stamina Blog

FFS.

It's not meant to be complicated.  Just run.

Ready, go.

FSBD

FFS.

It's not meant to be complicated.  Just run.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.