2015 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 689 times)

Julia1971

I'm just now settling in to read all the post-race comments...

MikeyMike, Great time.  Good luck in Vermont!  Let us know how it goes.

Northernman, Congrats on beating your goal in tough conditions.  And, you ran pretty nice splits.  I am so glad you decided to run it.  Smile  Last marathon, huh?  If so, it's nice that it was on a high note.

RunnerShawn, Congrats on the PR!

Bucci, You got the elusive Boston negative split!

Jebl10, Congrats on the BQ-12.

CNYrunner, Nice job, old lady!  Wink  Have a great run in Vermont.  I hope you post with how it went, too.

Deluca, Great result.

OneMile, We must have been so close to one another.  You probably passed me at some point.  Nice run.  So close to a PR on a tough day.

BHearn, Sorry the streak is broken.  I felt like the cold did a number on my muscles in the later part of the race.  Thanks again for the pacing advice.  I think it helped a lot of us avoid going out too fast.

C-R, Congrats!  Like you, I'm finding the race more and more enjoyable.  I'm already looking forward to going back next year.

Xhristoper, Cool that the three of you ran together.

Flatfooter, Congrats to you and your wife.  Sounds like she really struggled but got it done.

Nemo Shanti, Oh man!  So close!  Did you lean at the finish line?  LOL!  Fantastic that you almost PRed based on feel.

ShuffleFaster, Sorry about the rough race but glad you embraced the experience.  As I mentioned in another comment, I really felt like the cold contributed to muscle cramping.

Blargendarg, Congrats on the time!  And small world that you were so close to that crew.

Rick_Stone, Yeah, the post-race Boston experience is like no other.  On course is pretty inspiring, as well.  Like you, I'm already looking forward to next year.

Flauta, Congrats on requalifying.  I've also been complimenting the crowds for coming out in those conditions.

Screen Name 1, A master's PR by 5 minutes seems like a great result!  I also thought 2012 was worse, too.  With cold, you could put on more clothes and it seemed like a lot of people did just that.  Not much you can do with heat.

DoctorJen, Awesome attitude!  It's great that we can under-perform and still think a race is an amazing experience.  You'll race it better next time.  Smile

KMB, Glad you're not too disappointed with the race.  The BAA does such a great job with the race.  Everything is so organized despite what must be mind- boggling logistics.  My friends and I went out later (6pm) and it was much easier to get in to bars/restaurants.

BadDawg, Thanks for sharing the link.  Those photographs are so clear!

Yond, Congrats on the sub-2:50.

Greg C, Lookin' good!  Smile

northernman

Fight The Future

Northernman, )  Last marathon, huh?  If so, it's nice that it was on a high note.

That was definitely the plan. Somehow today I signed up to run Grandmas marathon in two months, though. It's a sickness, you hear? A sickness! I must be mental

Julia1971

That was definitely the plan. Somehow today I signed up to run Grandmas marathon in two months, though. It's a sickness, you hear? A sickness! I must be mental

LOL!  I suffer from the same affliction.

jfa

Good job peeps.

I've been lurking in this thread for some time. I've been thinking how cool it would be to be a part of one. This morning, after 15 marathons, I BQ'ed.

doctorjen

Good job peeps.

I've been lurking in this thread for some time. I've been thinking how cool it would be to be a part of one. This morning, after 15 marathons, I BQ'ed.

Fantastic job, Joe!

Julia1971

Joe., Aw.  Congrats on the BQ!  Wow, it took 15 marathons?   That's fantastic.

onefatchick

I think this thread has been inspiring and just want to say how awesome everyone is that qualified and competed!  I doubt if I can ever get my training mileage up enough to ever run in a marathon, let alone qualify for Boston, but for a fleeting moment I imagined it... Goosebumps!

jpdeaux

BAA did a nice thing this year to close the loop on Boston with recognition of some exceptional volunteers.

Congrats to everyone! Great to see folks post their time and that they had a good experience. I too had a good race despite the conditions. Ran 2:33:13 for 119th Overall. Ironically it was the 119th edition of the Boston marathon.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

2:33 is what I'd call a good race.