Running Christmas Gifts (Read 943 times)

Body Glide, running shorts, 2 pairs of running socks, new sneaks and of course my early Christmas gift of the garmie Smile
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I ordered my Garmie a month ago with the rebate (have been using it ever since) and have 2 new running tops with thumbholes in the sleeves. Also some Christmas cash that I might put towards a pair of Winter tights and a new pair of NB 902s now that they seem to be pretty cheap. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Garmin Forerunner 205. Reading the manual as it charges. My wife actually thought of the best running gift of all for me. Humor me for a minute... My second running life started in January 2007 after a multiple year layoff, and many additional pounds. I set goals throughout the year, and I finished my 2007 goals with the Philadelphia Distance Run (my first half-marathon.) I went from wheezing through 2 jog/walk miles at a 12:25 pace to finishing the PDR in 2:06:27... OK, a 9:40 pace may not seem like much to the "rabbits", but I felt pretty damn good about it. At any rate, meeting my weight loss and running goals was a bigger deal to me than I thought it would be. The last gift I opened on Christmas morning was my finisher's medal and race certificate that my wife had secretly stolen and had professionally framed. I had absolutely no idea that she had done this, and I guess my face told the story. I just didn't know what to say, so she said simply, "Well, it was a bg deal and I wanted you to have a nice reminder." Pretty cool gift, and a very cool wife. In 2008, I hope to have a framed companion on the wall with my first marathon finisher's medal.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

t_runner

Buy a subscription to Marathon and Beyond!!! Big grin http://www.marathonandbeyond.com/
          That was my parents' gift to me.. can't wait for the first issue. Also, got a couple books detailing trails in the area, gloves with windproof mitten tops that pull over the fingers, a warm hat with a baseball visor, and a waffle maker (I count it as a running gift, as they will make for wonderful post-run refueling).
            I got a nice warm running cap, a couple of short sleve shirts and a long sleve shirt.
            "If I control myself, I control my destiny."
            Doug Little

Fantastic! You should be proud. A great example for everyone!
              Garmin Forerunner 205. Reading the manual as it charges. My wife actually thought of the best running gift of all for me. Humor me for a minute... My second running life started in January 2007 after a multiple year layoff, and many additional pounds. I set goals throughout the year, and I finished my 2007 goals with the Philadelphia Distance Run (my first half-marathon.) I went from wheezing through 2 jog/walk miles at a 12:25 pace to finishing the PDR in 2:06:27... OK, a 9:40 pace may not seem like much to the "rabbits", but I felt pretty damn good about it. At any rate, meeting my weight loss and running goals was a bigger deal to me than I thought it would be. The last gift I opened on Christmas morning was my finisher's medal and race certificate that my wife had secretly stolen and had professionally framed. I had absolutely no idea that she had done this, and I guess my face told the story. I just didn't know what to say, so she said simply, "Well, it was a bg deal and I wanted you to have a nice reminder." Pretty cool gift, and a very cool wife. In 2008, I hope to have a framed companion on the wall with my first marathon finisher's medal.
                I got some running socks from my husband Smile I have my Garmin, I have shoes, lots of running clothes, etc ... not that I couldn't use more, but I'm set for a little bit Wink
                2009: BQ?
                  Someone on my wife's side gave me a fuzzy, gray headband and matching wristbands. How gay is that!? Roll eyes But she also gave me a pair of Nike-Livestrong socks; them I will use.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

My hubby did good. He got me an awesome pair of insulated CW-X tights (that I'm too cheap to ever have bought for myself! LOL! Big grin ) He also gave me a nice North Face fleece, a pair of UnderArmour capri's, three pairs of Balega running socks, a Fuel Belt and a nice UnderArmour duffel to carry my stuff to all the out of town races I have planned next year. And then my mom got me a Camelback so I can use it on my long, marathon-training runs this year. I guess I don't have any excuses not to get back out there and start running. Tongue Teresa
                      I got a "buff" and I ran wearing it this morning in 38 degree weather. I really liked it! I hate having stuff on my head and this didn't bother me at all. I wore it to cover my ears and sort of like a headband for my hair. Great!! I also got a great "windbreak" type running jacket - Nike. Can't wait for it to be a bit cooler to try it out! Smile Got a headband/ear muff-type thing. Nike cold weather tights. Thorlo socks. New jog bra. Only got to try the buff this morning, everything else was still wet from the wash! Smile Gonna have to go buy myself the Garmin 305 since I didn't get it!

http://www.runningnotes.net

Back of the Pack

The wife got me an Underarmor beenie type hat ( the cold air is harsh on us baldies.) With some Christmas cash I bought some Hind running pants and a long sleeve technical shirt. Everything will get a workout Thursday morning. I've been too much of a slug since the MCM. Undecided
                        Teresadfp

One day at a time

My hubby did good. He got me an awesome pair of insulated CW-X tights (that I'm too cheap to ever have bought for myself! LOL! Big grin ) He also gave me a nice North Face fleece, a pair of UnderArmour capri's, three pairs of Balega running socks, a Fuel Belt and a nice UnderArmour duffel to carry my stuff to all the out of town races I have planned next year. And then my mom got me a Camelback so I can use it on my long, marathon-training runs this year. I guess I don't have any excuses not to get back out there and start running. Tongue Teresa
                          Wow, Teresa, you got a lot of great stuff! Hey, it's nice to meet another "Teresa without an h." I must say that three times a day, lol. Thanks for writing such a thorough profile - you've come through a lot. It's amazing that you can run after the heart trouble - most people would say that you DO have an excuse not to run, and it's cool that you are not listening to them! Teresa
                          Gig

I got a Garmin 205! My wife said she wasn't sure about it because I had never mentioned it to her (I thought she'd get angry at the price) but everyone at every running store told her of course I wanted one. I also got gloves, socks, and a balaclava. Yesterday we did our annual post Christmas outlet mall shopping in Rehoboth, DE, where I picked up a few shirts, a pair of headphones, and a running jacket. This weekend, I'll go out shoe shoping, and then I'll be ready for 2008.

My legs are killing me

My wife gave me a Garmin 205. I have wanted one for a while but I never thought she would buy one. A very nice surprise.

I got my wife one of those hats with the pony tail holes that Melissa posted about a week or two ago. My wife couldn't find me under armour gloves (mine are missing in action) so she procured me some sporthill gloves and a winter running hat for her folks to give me. My sister-in-law got me a book about a transcontinental race along highway 66 that took place 70 or 80 years ago - looking forward to reading it!

Run to Win
                                25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)