Warrior Dash outfit (Read 831 times)

cmspin

My sister and I will be running our first Warrior Dash this month. We're just doing it to have fun and want to wear some kind of costume/body paint that doesn't take too much effort. Anyone run a race like this and see some good ideas? The Warrior Dash is one of those fire-leaping mud-covered races. Thanks!

My sister in law and I did the WD at Pocono in June...we saw men in kilts, a pippi longstocking...best outfit was a group of people dressed up like ghostbusters complete with inflatable ghostpack thingies on their backs...whatever you do, don't spend a whole lot of money on it because whatever you have on will be totally ruined in the last mud pit Smile I ended up donating my shoes and tossing my clothes in the trash can...but it was tons of fun! Hope you have a great time Smile

DH and I were Pebbles and BamBam.  We saw Batman, men in kilts, Tinkerbells, tutus, people wth little pig tails attached to their backside, or people with cat ears.  I would go along wth not spending a lot of money because the mud ruins it.  I suggest "test driving" your costume first.  My Pebbles toga was too restricting at the neck so I simply undid it and pinned to my sports bra.  Bad idea because the more I ran, the more it slipped and it was almost dragging the ground soon.  Have fun!

cmspin

We ended up wearing knee socks and matching t-shirts that said, "Supergirl." Boring, but I'm glad we didn't spend more money or effort. I felt like I was carrying around 5 extra pounds every time we got through a water obstacle or crawled in the mud. I can't imagine what we would have felt like wearing more stuff. Thanks for the input! 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Please keep the ideas coming.  DD & I need ideas for an upcoming Monster Dash.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Dress up as Lance and a drug-test doctor?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Dress up as Lance and a drug-test doctor?

That is funny.  Not doing it.