Avoiding bleeding nipples (Read 165 times)

berylrunner

Rick

100% cotton.  I live in a dry area and don't sweat much.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59

an amazing likeness

KT tape works wonderfully. It's flexible, soft, designed to stick to sweaty skin, yet easy to peel off.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

morphex

Speaking of milk trucks, what tips do the ladies have for dealing with sore nipples?

KT tape works wonderfully. It's flexible, soft, designed to stick to sweaty skin, yet easy to peel off.

On Instagram at https://instagram.com/morphexx

On Twitter at https://twitter.com/blogologue

Blogging at http://blogologue.com

Gizmo2019

Speaking of milk trucks, what tips do the ladies have for dealing with sore nipples?

never had a problem so far. i alternate between a natori sports bra (underwire) and a knix catalyst (wireless). the good ones have some padding/thickness/cushion to eliminate the friction.

they do have some sport bralettes that dont have wires if you men arent hearty.

as far as milk trucks, i just recently dried up. not a drop left :-(

good times, tho.

but back when i did have bleeding nipples i used lasinoh to help heal (its safely edible for the baby too).

joescott

KT tape is brilliant!  Why didn't I think of that?  And here I've been using duct tape for years, which works, but KT tape would have all those advantages above!!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

I use large bandages, the 3x4 size. I think they were Curad brand fabric bandages, they stayed on perfectly for a 50k and a 60 mile run.

I've had problems getting KT brand tape to stick for very long on my achilles, but Rocktape works really well. There are newer, gooder, stickier (claimed) versions, too. I have not put it on my manboobs, though.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

NorthNorthwest

Personally, the Target Up&Up flexible fabric bandages work great for me. Super cheap, and I can use them for actual cuts, too. Just center the gauze on your nipple. I sweat a ton, train in hot weather, and have never had one come off. One pair got me through a 12 hour race (64 miles) in 80-90 degree heat with high dew point. Of course, your mileage may vary, and it sounds like this doesn't work for others on the forum. Still, if you try it and it doesn't work you're out less than $2 and can still just use them as normal bandages.

kcam

Man, I don't even want tape to stay on my nipples for a week.

Anyway, trail toes or squirrels nut butter or blue steel.

LOL ... this!  One of the features of the round band-aids is that they AREN'T so sticky.  It's not the end of the nipple world if they come off at mile 16 of my 20 mile run in the rain.  4 miles won't bother me.  Though I've not had that 'problem', they seem to stay put until I get into the shower and then can take em off pretty easily.  Perfect.  I don't want those things stuck to me for a week!

Successful test run with these. Adhesive over the whole surface, so more like using something like KT tape rather than a band-aid. It was a 2.5 hour run, although not raining or excessively sweaty. Need a more severe test to further validate results.

Anyway, incidentally just yesterday I ordered these. Maybe just expensive band-aids, IDK, we’ll see. 

Dave

buysomapillsonli

No reason provided
                        No reason provided
                        dpschumacher

3 months til Masters

Bots

2023 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 (CIM) 2:41:18

10k Sub 35:00 (Victory 10k 34:19)

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 1:16 Half Marathon  City of Lakes Half Marathon 1:15:47)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 2:37 Marathon

Sub 1:15 Half

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k

Bots

ban them, ban them with fire!

Arnoldziffel

I apply a little Vaseline to my nipples before every run.  It's much easier than using bandaids, and i never have any problems.

April 21- Fast Half Marathon

May 5 - Colleen Ritzer 5K

June 22 - Mad Fox Trail Fest 10K

I've tried lube, and it doesn't work for me. A physical barrier that doesn't move like bandaids or tape seems to be the only thing that works other than going shirtless. I guess cutting out holes in my shirt would work too, but that might be too "adult" for public use.