1 year daily streak plus some other stuff :) (Read 141 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

My husband's surgery was yesterday at 3 pm.  This morning, he got up while I was still asleep and ran 30 minutes on the treadmill.  He says he's an 8.5 out of 10.  I'm happy because he's 64 and not a spring chicken  anymore!  I think his attention to nutrition and fitness really helped him a lot.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My husband's surgery was yesterday at 3 pm.  This morning, he got up while I was still asleep and ran 30 minutes on the treadmill.  He says he's an 8.5 out of 10.  I'm happy because he's 64 and not a spring chicken  anymore!  I think his attention to nutrition and fitness really helped him a lot.

I'm 65, and still a (late?) spring chicken, thanks to running. Smile  Glad your husband seems to be doing well!  You're not talking about 8.5/10 on the pain scale, are you?

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'm 65, and still a (late?) spring chicken, thanks to running. Smile  Glad your husband seems to be doing well!  You're not talking about 8.5/10 on the pain scale, are you?

Oh, no!  As in, feeling good at an 8.5 out of 10.

Marylander

This past sunday I was doing my regular long run but it ended up being a little different from normal. I had about 10 miles on the schedule and, like usual, the plan was pretty much just to get the distance in. After a mile or two I looked down at my watch and realized I was going pretty fast for me. It didn't feel particularly different than my usual long run pace. The pace was fast enough that I would usually tell myself to slow down but this time I decided to just ride it out. I ended up with a 10 mile PR (and my watch tells me I set 5k and 10k PRs along the way too). I have been putting some effort into running faster in the last few months but hadn't really felt any pay off from it. Then here, seemingly out of the blue, I ran 10 miles with an 8:38 avg speed without it being a max effort. I'm pretty pleased.

I've had a hard time really thinking of myself as a runner, in spite of putting in a few miles, as I'm much better at things at the opposite end of the endurance scale and I usually feel like I'm plodding along when I run. I actually felt like a runner on this day. Who knows, maybe I'll even enter a race.

robin from maine

This past sunday I was doing my regular long run but it ended up being a little different from normal. I had about 10 miles on the schedule and, like usual, the plan was pretty much just to get the distance in. After a mile or two I looked down at my watch and realized I was going pretty fast for me. It didn't feel particularly different than my usual long run pace. The pace was fast enough that I would usually tell myself to slow down but this time I decided to just ride it out. I ended up with a 10 mile PR (and my watch tells me I set 5k and 10k PRs along the way too). I have been putting some effort into running faster in the last few months but hadn't really felt any pay off from it. Then here, seemingly out of the blue, I ran 10 miles with an 8:38 avg speed without it being a max effort. I'm pretty pleased.

I've had a hard time really thinking of myself as a runner, in spite of putting in a few miles, as I'm much better at things at the opposite end of the endurance scale and I usually feel like I'm plodding along when I run. I actually felt like a runner on this day. Who knows, maybe I'll even enter a race.

This is the kind of run I fantasize about.

jeffdonahue

Awesome - never really had PRs in my runs, but I know the feeling of going out for a run and feeling great and then realizing you were running much faster than you thought you were.  Nice.