New Course problems (Read 991 times)

For some time now, my computer freezes when I try to create a new course. It indicates that there are 19 items waiting to load, but the page loads only sporadically, and only if I wait at least 5 minutes. If I try to go back or close the program, everything freezes and I have to shut it down thru the Ctrl/Alt/Delete route. Has anyone else had this problem? I see below there are issues re the map loading, but I can't even get the page to load half the time. Thanks alot! Other than this frustration, love the website! Linda
    eric :)

Hi Linda, I'm not sure why you're still having that problem. I disabled HTTP compression on Friday and that should have resolved that problem. Have you tried forcing a reload of all the files? Which OS and browser are you using? eric Smile
        I tested the New Course function on my other computer, which has Vista - no problems loading the function. But on my laptop with XP, it takes at least 5 minutes to load, if it loads at all. Of course the shortcut solution is to use my Vista system whenever I want to create a new course.

Linda, Try forcing your browser to load the page. It could be your scripts are corrupted.
          stevewindsor

Linda, Try forcing your browser to load the page. It could be your scripts are corrupted.
            I'm having the same problem all of a sudden. Managed to load 5 courses on different days, and then suddenly page says 17 /19 / 24 pages waiting to load and hangs up. Your previous solution "forcing browser to load page" - how do I do this? Or, how do I check if my scripts are corrupted?

Hi Steve, The freezing problem shouldn't be happening anymore because I've disabled http compression. Did anything change on your system recently? Could you provide more info around the circumstances? To refresh the page, hold down the ctrl key and then press F5. That will tell the browser to reload every single file needed to render the page. Let me know if that does anything. eric Smile
              shmah

I have exactly the same problem as Linda describes. I just tried it again now and it freezes everything up. I am using XP. Any suggestions.
                  Hello shmah, What browser version are you using? Are you running any personal firewall or anti-virus software? I know certain PC security software can mess with javascript. Are you able to view maps on google's site? maps.google.com
                  shmah

I am using Internet Explorer 6.0. I can view maps on Google and what I have been doing is using another site to map my runs because I can't pull up the maps on this one. I then enter my log on this site. Thanks.
                      I just loaded up a machine with XP and IE6 on it and everything worked fine. The only thing I can think of is you may have installed a bad hotfix (or you're missing a hotfix) or you have some security software that's preventing the JavaScripts from running correctly. Confused You can also try using Firefox or updating to IE7. On the off chance you have a virus you can also use Kaspersky or Trend Micro to scan your computer.