ankle pain (Read 442 times)

I have been running a year and was never a runner prior to that. I started on the c25k plan and worked my way up to around 15 miles per week. A 13 minute mile would be considered average a few months ago, but lately it's been between a 14 mm and a 15 mm. I've been wearing Brooks Adreneline 7 shoes from the start and figure to have about 325 miles on them. I'm at the upper end of the weight scale for my height, but not really overweight. My problem is ankle soreness/pain in my left ankle after I run. It does not hurt when I run, just after, usually the worst on the next day, and lessens as time passes and usually feels pretty good by my next run (usually every other day). My right ankle is fine. It helps when I do a nice long cool down activity like walking or cleaning house or mowing, but some amount of stiffness is always present. The pain is right in my ankle and achilles area and massages in the area do not really help. Icing doesn't prevent it, but does lessen the problem. I'm going to get new shoes, but do not know what kind may help. Any ideas on causes? Should I change shoe models?

Menace to Sobriety

My guess is your shoes are wearing out. I start having subtle aches and pains everytime I get up around 325 miles or so on my shoes, mostly in the ankles and knees. If you didn't have any problems when the shoes were newer, that's probably it. I wear Adrenelines and am a larger frame runner as well. I start looking for a new pair at about 300 miles.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.