Hmm this has never happened before... (Read 582 times)

I have recently started having ankle and loer shin soreness early in my run. It does seem to work itself 1 mile or so into the run. It feels tight and sore anyone ever felt this and have advice? Derrick
    If the road less traveled was easy, would it be...?
      The first question I always ask is ....do you warm up a little then stretch and how many miles on your shoes. If this sounds too simple, I really do apologize. But recently some of the runners that come thru our house and training group, you would be amazed how many are running too many miles on the same pair of shoes. Recently, a young friend of my daughter's complained about soreness....she admitted that she had over 480 miles on her shoes. Other than that, I will leave it up to the experts...Orange man

Orange Man and Eric.

Well not alot of stretching prerun but after the run I usually stretch. I do however take the first mile easy as possible. My shoes are still relatively new with around 65-70 miles on them. Thanks though appreciate any input. Any particular stretches that aim at the front of the shin and ankle area? Derrick
        If the road less traveled was easy, would it be...?
        ruthiepj

I have that problem sometimes. I went to a physical therapist for another injury and she suggested a stretch for the hamstrings. She said stretching your hamstring will help your shins as well. Seems to work for me. Exercise #1 is what she suggested for me. http://physicaltherapy.about.com/od/flexibilityexercises/a/hamstingstretch.htm