Why does my husband do so much moaning when he's sick? (Read 1108 times)

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

STFU

I also noticed that they were XC staff of the year and 2nd in the NEC for men's XC. Go Red Flash 

Saint Francis University Women's 6.1 oz Ultra Cotton T-Shirt

Francis

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis

I like the signature Dreamless

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

You'll ruin your knees!

Perhaps the two of you should refrain from... You know... Until he is feeling better.

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

A Saucy Wench

My husband is kinda the opposite. He wont stay home from work unless is is REALLY sick and then no matter how bad he feels he tries to use it as an opportunity to do some project around the house. In his macho refusal to give in to illness he actually accomplishes more than when he is home healthy. Which means if I am also sick I can't just lay around on the sofa and watch movies all day like I want to.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zonykel

I've taken a test called the Myers-Briggs type indicator. Four letters are assigned and there are two choices for each letter. There is one specific letter (don't recall which) that basically means that the person "moans". That's how they express themselves.

In general, though, we humans have probably evolved as complainers because that gets us attention. I think there have been studies of children, and those who cried more had higher survival rates than those who cried less. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, I suppose.

12-week layoff

Because he has never given birth.

For the WIN!!!
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Mine had a kidney stone once...perhaps that's why he's not a whiner while sick.  He's actually HAD something worth whining about (or so I hear.  I've been fortunate enough to never have a kidney stone *knocks on wood*).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Touché! And the thread title clearly states that I'm talking about my husband! Big grin

Then why would we know? He is your husband.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

Original thread title: "Why do men do so much moaning when they're sick?" I was accused ( rightly so) of stereotyping. Wink It was all in fun.

Mine had a kidney stone once...perhaps that's why he's not a whiner while sick.  He's actually HAD something worth whining about (or so I hear.  I've been fortunate enough to never have a kidney stone *knocks on wood*).

I've heard that's excruciating. Comparable to childbirth, in fact.
                          Original thread title: "Why do men do so much moaning when they're sick?" I was accused ( rightly so) of stereotyping. Wink It was all in fun.

I know you were. I was just piling on for fun.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

The good news is that he's better today and back to his usual, happy self. All is well. Smile

Opposite for me.  Unless I have a high temp and literally can't move, I'm up doing what I normally do and never take the time to rest.  My wife on the other hand.  Man, what a big baby.  This woman pushed out two of my kids, one without any type of pain meds, and she gets a cold and is stuck to the couch or bed moaning.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

DW claims I moan when I am sick but I have never taken a sick day because I was sick. Big grin

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/