Garmin Edge auto-pause "feature" (Read 82 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So the hubby gave me a shiny new Edge 810 bike computer for my recent birthday.  I'd been using an Edge 500 for 3+ years without issue (probably my most reliable/stable and bomb-proof of every Garmin device I've owned, including 2 FR 305s, FR 210 and 220).  I've wanted a means of going out for a ride and not having to rely solely on my phone for navigation or printing maps in advance, which is not a capability of the 500.

The issue I'm finding is with auto-pause.  It appears to work differently on the Edge 810 than on the 500.  On the 500 it's straightforward -- if I drop below a set speed the entire computer pauses, including the elapsed timer and average speed.  On the 810 the timer and speed keep going on the display...which is sort of worthless if I'm trying to target a specific moving pace.  Upon upload the correct time/pace show on RA, but in real time on the device I'm seeing a skewed time and pace including stops.

Is there something I'm missing?  I've scrolled all over the device and can't seem to find a way to set auto-pause to truly pause the displayed data.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ahhh...I think I found the answer.  I didn't come up with this link the first time I was searching for a fix.

~ Sarah Kay

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I expected that link to be DCRainmaker. That's the other place I'd check if this link doesn't solve it.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Darn, still an issue, even with firmware update.  Today I very briefly saw the auto-pause notification pop-up when I stopped pedaling on the trainer, but that was it.  Never saw it again and any subsequent times I came to a complete stop the timer kept going and the pace continued to drop.  Settings are the same as what I had on my Edge 500 and what DH has on his 510, so we're both perplexed -- I even tried various combinations of "time" and "elapsed time" with different speed thresholds to see if something would re-activate pause, but there was no difference in the function of the head unit, regardless of settings.  Guess it's time to hit Garmin CS up about the issue.  My technology death field strikes again!  Fortunately my brand new phone seems to be working perfectly *knocks on wood*.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Looks to be a known bug.  Weird that they seemed to have fixed it in versions between what mine shipped with and then re-broke it with the latest firmware update.

~ Sarah Kay