why so hard to (Read 929 times)

Chosen one

Why is it so hard to get motivated after you hurt your self. i been down almost ten days . Confused i want to just lay around. No help get in to it again
    JakeKnight

My advice: just go run - once. One time. Slow and easy. Tell yourself its just once. You'll go back to the couch tomorrow. It's the first Law of Runner's Dynamics: a runner at rest tends to stay at rest; a runner in motion tends to stay in motion. I suspect if you just get moving, even once, you'll find it easier to keep going the next day, and the next, and the next. When you get back from your one single solitary run, and you're feeling sweaty and wonderful, you'll wonder why you thought you needed motivation.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Sandi Sue

I'm only telling you this for your own good and because you're my spousal unit. HTFU and just get out there! LOL Wink

Races for 2013:

Kluane Bike Relay (4 legs 70 miles)

Calgary 70.3 (72.3)

Aukeman Sprint Triathlon 8/6/2013

Pain is Temporary  Pride is Forever

Dog-Love

I think you are being a bit hard on "the chosen one". He just needs some tender lovin care (that's you) and perhaps a foot massage...then I am sure he can get back to a nice and easy trail run and then he'll wonder why he didn't get out earlier. I have never returned from a run wishing I hadn't done that. Whereas I have woken up from a night out with too much fun and had a few regrets.
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Sandi Sue

Funny you say that about the night of regret. I just felt that on Sunday. Must continue to drink lots of water and rehydrate self. What is that saying, "All things in moderation." Whatever.

Races for 2013:

Kluane Bike Relay (4 legs 70 miles)

Calgary 70.3 (72.3)

Aukeman Sprint Triathlon 8/6/2013

Pain is Temporary  Pride is Forever

Half Fanatic #846

Promise yourself that if you run just one mile, you can quit if you still want to. See what happens then. Big grin

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Chosen one

a hard run but i did it 3.2 miles 29:35 yeah it was n ot funn Tongue
                  I'm suffering from the same thing. Bruised my achilles tendon and can't run on it. Doesn't stop me from the staionary bike , weights and stretching etc, I just don't seem to have any drive at the moment to do these things. I've actually been down almost a month now with a couple of forced runs that only seemed to aggravate it. Guess I'm suffering form running withdrawal.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

phzzzzzzzzzzz

Funny you say that about the night of regret. I just felt that on Sunday. Must continue to drink lots of water and rehydrate self. What is that saying, "All things in moderation." Whatever.
                    Yes, ALL things in moderation.... including moderation!!!