New to this site: Best time to run? (Read 390 times)

Hope that 5k went well for you, keep it up and you'll improve on your time quickly.

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

Best time to run? Well... if you run naked, the best time is around 3 am.

Seriously, it hardly matters. I'm not a morning person and generally feel pretty crappy trying morning runs. I like to run at night. Though, in the winter, it can get a little depressing being so dark. Running late at night can make it more difficult to get to bed early. While I like night running most of the time, it can be tough for those people who have physically demanding jobs. If you are beat after a work day, then morning runs likely are a better choice.

What I find really difficult is to run late evening, and then morning on the next day. My 53 year old body really wants a full 24 hours of recovery between runs. It gets really pissed if I try shortening that time off. But I've tried 2-a-days before and found it workable if the mileage is reasonable.

What others have said. Run at the time that it can be a priority otherwise it will be too easy to neglect it or let other pressures in life push it out of the way.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

I find it easiest to go for a run right after work in the afternoon. I'm not a morning person, so it would be terrible for me to run in the morning. I think it's very individual. Try to run different times every time and see how you feel about it.

Improve and make your running more easy using Running Gadgets