2022 Advanced Racing Thread (Read 497 times)

cinnamon girl

Fuck you, I won’t do what you tell me!

❤️

flavio80

Intl. correspondent

This is what happens when they train on a 390m track.

BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!!!!

Mikkey - It looks like Duplantis is following in on Bubka’s foot steps by breaking the record 1cm at a time.

The 1500m race was fantastic and that was a great victory by Jake, he played it very smart. Also it must have been surreal for his father to see his son win the gold medal while working as the stadium announcer.

Cinnamon - LOL mosh pit, now that would be a great idea!

Mark - I like your idea of a mosh pit in the field while the javelin throwers try to score by hitting the most people.

me - weather has calmed down a bit, it's just regular hot now. I could not do strength training last week due to those weird symptoms, so this Monday's strength training session left me very sore. It's crazy how I just lose all endurance in the blink of an eye. My current working theory is low testosterone. I'm going to test for that in my yearly checkup later this year.

PRs: 1500 4:54.1 2019 - 5K 17:53 2023 - 10K 37:55 2023 - HM 1:21:59 2021

Up next: no idea

Tool to generate Strava weekly

JMac11

RIP Milkman

me - weather has calmed down a bit, it's just regular hot now. I could not do strength training last week due to those weird symptoms, so this Monday's strength training session left me very sore. It's crazy how I just lose all endurance in the blink of an eye. My current working theory is low testosterone. I'm going to test for that in my yearly checkup later this year.

I haven't done strength training in about 2 months at this point. I am feeling way too lazy. I guess you're telling me I'm in for a rude awakening. Probably should start off very light to avoid hurting my workouts.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Marky_Mark_17

Mark - I like your idea of a mosh pit in the field while the javelin throwers try to score by hitting the most people.

Circle pit could make for a bullseye or something like that.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Maraetai HM, 10 Mar, DNF

Up next: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Circle pit could make for a bullseye or something like that.

I've often thought that we could make track meets more efficient and improve the mass appeal simply by merging the throws and distance events. 

10,000m races are boring to the average spectator, but not when the javelin and hammer throwers are picking off some runners each loop.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

flavio80

Intl. correspondent

10,000m races are boring to the average spectator, but not when the javelin and hammer throwers are picking off some runners each loop.

Great minds think alike 😎

flavio80

Intl. correspondent

I haven't done strength training in about 2 months at this point. I am feeling way too lazy. I guess you're telling me I'm in for a rude awakening. Probably should start off very light to avoid hurting my workouts.

Boo, I thought we had converted you to the church of strength training. You should start easy anyway.

But start soon, that muscle degradation will only accelerate from now on and you don't want to be tripping and twisting ankles in your 40's.

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Boo, I thought we had converted you to the church of strength training. You should start easy anyway.

But start soon, that muscle degradation will only accelerate from now on and you don't want to be tripping and twisting ankles in your 40's.

I definitely am converted, but I stopped in late May as I started to taper into the marathon and then haven't really been running since the race, so haven't bothered.

I did some of my usual stuff yesterday but without the weights. Definitely lost some strength, but not as much as I had feared.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

10,000m races used to be exciting when you had the athlete formerly known as Mo Farah competing!

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

flavio80

Intl. correspondent

10,000m races used to be exciting when you had the athlete formerly known as Mo Farah competing!

I think you're confused, that athlete competed in the 800m. It was a running start though, after a few warm up laps around the track.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Yep, I tend to record that distance race and fast forward it to the last few laps. 

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Marky_Mark_17

It’s kind of a shame that he’s tainted by his association with Salazar. I’d like to believe his performances were all legit because some of them were incredible to watch but coaches don’t come much shadier than Salazar.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Maraetai HM, 10 Mar, DNF

Up next: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

It’s kind of a shame that he’s tainted by his association with Salazar. I’d like to believe his performances were all legit because some of them were incredible to watch but coaches don’t come much shadier than Salazar.

I’ll have to agree as Salazar is currently on a 4 year coaching ban!

darkwave

Mother of Cats

I’ll have to agree as Salazar is currently on a 4 year coaching ban!

He's under two bans - the 4 year USADA ban and a lifetime Safesport ban.  So he will not be officially coaching sports again unless something very unexpected happens.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Maybe he will become a private consultant and not an officially licensed coach just to irritate the running world even more when he produces a capable athlete.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22