global strategic maple syrup reserve depleted (Read 918 times)

Nice going Canada.

Runners run

xor

Is it SIR-rup or SEER-rup or SEAR-rup?

12 Squared

In the south it's one syllable, pronounced "SURP".

If you don't know where you're going, chances are you will end up somewhere else. - Yogi Berra
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

I grew up using Aunt Jemima, so I still prefer the fake stuff to real maple syrup.  Not something I normally admit publicly, since I live in Maine.  Driving down the roads in our town in the spring, you see lots of maple trees with buckets hanging from them.

... so I still prefer the fake stuff to real maple syrup. 

Ugh! Someone served me some of that stuff the other day - truly 'orrid!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Ha, this thread led me to get one right ahead of the contestants on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me Saturday.  The answer is maple syrup.

Nice going Canada.

It helps the entertainment value if you read all the comments from the French Canadians in a certain accent...

"it’s very difficult to trace and track maple syrup"

or this...

"Obviously those people stole the maple syrup to sell it somewhere"

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ugh! Someone served me some of that stuff the other day - truly 'orrid!

You mean the fake stuff is 'orrid, right?!  'Cause the real stuff is amazing...I am so glad my DH and DS won't eat the real stuff--more for me!  They can have their nasty sweet brown slime!  I put that stuff with margarine and non-dairy whipped-topping.  *retch*

$300-mil of syrup...wow.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

What is the difference, pronunciation-wise, between SEER-rup or SEAR-rup?  And I tend to go back and forth, sometimes it is Sirrup, sometimes See-rup. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

You mean the fake stuff is 'orrid, right?!

Yup.

xor

What is the difference, pronunciation-wise, between SEER-rup or SEAR-rup?  And I tend to go back and forth, sometimes it is Sirrup, sometimes See-rup. 

Hmm.  It is subtle, but you'd hear the difference if I said it.  Probably is really like SEE-rup versus SEAR-up (sear like you do to meat).

Around here I'd go with Sir Rup.  I did a search for Sir Rup and all I got was this... which was entertaining if off topic of this off topic topic...

Sir O of K: Surrender, varlet. Thou art the prisoner of me lance.
                          Bugs Bunny: I art? And whomsoever art thou, in thy cast-iron tuxedo?
                          Sir O of K: I, knave, am Sir O of K, Earl of Watercress, Sir Osis of the Liver, Knight of the Garter, and Baron of Wooster-cester-shister-shyster-schuster-shuster-shister-shire... shire.
                          Bugs Bunny: My, he's a big one! Hey, look, pressure cooker. I bet you know a lot of my friends. Ooh! Like, uh, Duke of Ellington, Count of Basie, Earl of Hines, Cab of Calloway, Satchmo of Armstrong.
                          Sir O of K: Upstarts and rogues. Never heard of them.
                          Bugs Bunny: Rogues, eh? Upstarts, eh? Look, Sir Rup of Figs, don't go around insulting my friends, or I shall get me a can opener and open thee up like a can of solid pack tomatoes.
                          Sir O of K: What? Wouldst tilt with me?
                          Bugs Bunny: Tilt with thee I will, and I won't wilt. Just lend me a weapon, that's all. That's all.
                          Sir O of K: Very well, thou stupid scoundrel. Prepare to meet thy fate.

Jill_B

I fly.

Quite the sticky situation.  

Someone had to say it.

Bring it on.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Ha ha, the Bugs Bunny dialog is the highlighf of my day (since I didn't run this morning).