Dehydration? (Read 476 times)

Speediest Slug There Is!

I've been having dizzy spells on and off for the last couple of weeks. I assumed, since I am consuming only 1200-1500 calories daily (closer to 1200 than 1500 to be honest), that I just needed to eat more. Thus every time I felt dizzy, I ate food, regardless of whether I was hungry or not. It didn't really help. While I've been consuming a low amount of calories, I haven't been feeling hungry, and I've been getting my protein, fat, fiber, and carbs in every day, as well as taking a multivitamin. So yesterday I went out for the usual run (2 miles--I've only been running a few months and recently scaled it back significantly after a long interruption.) I felt like I was hitting a wall early on, so at the 1.3 mile mark I stopped for a few sips of water and then went on my way. I was doubtful that I could finish but willing to try. The final mile was pain and suffering, and I was sweating profusely, more than usual--but worse was the aftermath. I felt like I was going to simultaneously throw up and pass out. My husband helped me get back into the house where I drank two glasses of water and ate some food, and while the dizziness passed, the overall feeling of crappiness did not. In fact, I woke up this morning with severe diarrhea (same thing happened yesterday morning, before the run) and I still feel terrible. I've been drinking water in frequent amounts since I woke up. Until today I haven't been drinking much water, except before and after my runs. Is it possible that I've been dehydrated? If not, what else causes these symptoms? And what should I do? I still feel miserable.
    Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    Goals:
    *Complete a 5K (no walking)
    Tortoise and Hare 5K, 42:05, 13:35 pace PR
    *Weigh 160 lbs 5 to go!!!
    *15 mpw base

My Hero

Go see a Doc.
      Scout7

That doesn't sound like dehydration. Go to a doctor.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That doesn't sound like dehydration. Go to a doctor.
          Ditto. At the very least it sounds like some sort of infection. Call your doc ASAP...and feel better soon, too.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

dork.major dork.

I'm +1 on the doctor, and be sure to mention your running, diet, and water habits to them, not just the symptoms.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.