Posting Running workouts to Facebook Wall (Read 2601 times)

pys29

How do you do this?  i have the facebook app, and can upload my activities to the facebook app, and there is even a tab for running ahead on my profile page.  However, how do you get it to post uploaded activity to  your wall like a status update?

any help ont his would be great.  Thanks!

don't you need a few log entries first? 
      pys29

I have logged a few runs i have done.  They show up on my running log in the running ahead app on FB, however it doesn't post that activity to my wall on facebook to notify all my friends.  based on reading other peoples questions about this it seems like it is possible, but i must be missing something.  does that make sense?
          same problem here.  I have been using Running ahead for about a month (hence, about 30 workouts logged) but it has yet to post on my facebook wall.  I can see my runs/mileage on the RA tab but nada on the wall. 

Click on Account in the top right corner, then on Application Settings.  

Click on Running Ahead (not pictured)

Click on Preferences.

Click on Publish all my activities.

Click on Save.

You may also have to go back to the Account->Application Settings page, then click on Edit Settings next to the Running Ahead Application.

From there, click on Additional Permissions and check off the two boxes there, as shown below:

Not sure if that step is necessary or not but can't hurt.  Hope that's helpful.

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

pys29

So i had all those options turned on.  so i turned them off, saved them and then turned them back on so it should publish to my wall.  but after my run, nothing got posted to my wall.  So now i'm really confused as to what i am doing wrong.
              MelissaE

I'm getting this same issue. The last run to post to my wall was 8/17/2010.  I have ran a few times since then and don't get why they aren't posting. I tried unlinking my account and readding them but nothing, any suggestions?

an amazing likeness

Good grief....what is with Facebook?  The world would be about 10.4% better without that piece of crap sucking up people's time posting that what they're doing to a bunch of unimpressed "friends".   How about we all try this....talk to your friends in person, hug them, listen to them, support them...face to face.

Ok then, time to update my FB status to "posting on RA".

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hey MilkTruck, my latest FB post was this picture:

Right before that I posted this:

Poor Baby: Caged Birds

poorbabyboy.blogspot.com

A Saucy Wench

How about we all try this....talk to your friends in person, hug them, listen to them, support them...face to face.

But ....but.... what if none of you are real?  And that would be a lot of airfare.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

I'm your huckleberry.

an amazing likeness

Nice picture of the KOB, will you friend me ?  I'm just a lonely person lashing out at technology I don't understand...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I am happy to friend you, sir!
                            eric :)

I'm getting this same issue. The last run to post to my wall was 8/17/2010.  I have ran a few times since then and don't get why they aren't posting. I tried unlinking my account and readding them but nothing, any suggestions?

MelissaE,

I think the problem is entirely on Facebook's end.  RA sends the feed to Facebook and it is up to Facebook to display it on your wall.  Occasionally, Facebook's servers won't respond to RA's post request.  Other times, the servers fail without explanation.  Since this is entirely Facebook's problem, there's nothing I can do on my end.

eric :-)

MelissaE

MelissaE,

I think the problem is entirely on Facebook's end.  RA sends the feed to Facebook and it is up to Facebook to display it on your wall.  Occasionally, Facebook's servers won't respond to RA's post request.  Other times, the servers fail without explanation.  Since this is entirely Facebook's problem, there's nothing I can do on my end.

eric :-)

Thanks Eric.