100 mile week (Read 303 times)

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

This is the first time I have posted a brag, but I was so happy with what I have been able to do that I really wanted to share it with people.  I have been slowly building up my mileage over the past two years and a while back I saw a Facebook post from one of my running heroes, Catra Corbett, that she had run 95 miles in a week (It was probably one of her taper weeks lol).  Now, I know I could never hang with Catra even for a day, but I thought I could make up a running schedule with that many miles in it, for just one week.

Monday - 10 miles

Tuesday through Friday - 16 miles

Saturday - 14 miles

Today (Sunday) - 13 miles.

I thought that it was going to be a lot harder mentally than it was, which is not to say it was easy.  But I made sure to slow down so I would avoid an injury.  I think I managed to do it without hurting myself!

I am not training for anything, just wanted to challenge myself and see how tough I was.  I probably won't try this again until next year because I am afraid of getting hurt and can't afford to buy new running shoes every two months lol.

Anyway, thanks for reading this and letting me share my accomplishment.

Leah, mother of dogs

No more marathons

My body quakes at the thought of your accomplishment.

I believe I hit 80 back when I wore a younger man's shoes and knew then that the century mark would only come if measuring by months.

Nice job.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Walk-Jogger

Congrats on the big accomplishment - that's a lot of miles for a recreational runner! I've been running on and off for 30 years and have not yet gone over ~62 miles in one week.

Retired &  Loving It

Wow.  You totally rock.Big grin

I will stop whining about how hard it is to maintain 50mpw now.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

bhearn

100-mile week while not training for anything (or running a 100)? Wow. Who does that?

BeeRunB

Congrats. That's not easy to do. Takes a lot of time.

Keep going! Cool

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

Congrats. That's not easy to do. Takes a lot of time.

Keep going! Cool

I added up the time I spent running and it was a bit over 16 hours.  I think it felt like a lot longer though!!

i have no idea why I decided to do that much running.  Is 37 too young to be having a mid life crisis??  It helps that I don't have a job.  I don't know how all of you with jobs and kids manage to fit in time to run.  My hat goes off to you guys, that is way harder than what I did here.

Leah, mother of dogs

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

Congratulations! I've had a few and it really takes some dedication to running during the week, so I know what you've put in to get there! Smile

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

Queen of 3rd Place

Wow, that's a lot of hours! I've peaked at 70 and thought that it was a huge deal to run 11 hours a week.

If you could keep doing that, it might transform you as a runner. Maybe you can browse the sale rack for shoes. Smile

Ex runner

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congratulations on a monumental week. Hope you get some nice nap or sleeping time in.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

Wow, that's a lot of hours! I've peaked at 70 and thought that it was a huge deal to run 11 hours a week.

If you could keep doing that, it might transform you as a runner. Maybe you can browse the sale rack for shoes. Smile

I'm having so much fun, I can't even tell you!  I wish I had this kind of drive when I was ten years younger.

Believe me, I already buy my shoes on sale!  Fortunately I don't have expensive hobbies and I do have a supportive husband who enjoys the side benefits of a fit wife. Wink

Thanks everyone!

Leah, mother of dogs

SheCan

Amazing!  That's not just a tough physical challenge, you must be quite disciplined mentally also.  You totally rock.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

DoppleBock

?

100-mile week while not training for anything (or running a 100)? Wow. Who does that?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

bhearn

Heh. But really, do even you do that when you're not training for anything? Aren't you always training for something?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Heh. But really, do even you do that when you're not training for anything? Aren't you always training for something?

I've run high mileage more for fun than for training benefit. I think maybe others have. Runners sometimes do apparently silly things; that's what I think.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.