Dang...I think it is allergies (Read 484 times)

A Saucy Wench

Sigh...I fall for it every year. I never had seasonal allergies. The last 3-4 years I get sick in the spring for a few days and every time I take time off running because I am sick. And then a few days later I realize that all the people around me are suffering from real allergies. I dont get normal allergy symptoms, I get how I get when I get sick. Mild sore throat, some ear clogging, body aches and killer fatigue. I guess it is time to HTFU and run anyway.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That could definitely be it. I did have a bonafide cold a few weeks ago, but it morphed into my allergies, so I can't tell where one left off and the other picked-up. I have had Spring allergies since puberty, but the older I get the more respiratory stuff I seem to develop...now I get hit in the Fall and Winter, too (thanks to mold and dust). Summer is about the only time that I'm in good shape, but then the humidity wreaks havoc with my asthma. I also think I have developed shrimp issues, unfortunately. Damn, why couldn't I be allergic to something I don't like, like lima beans or something... Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A is A

I have terrible allergies that sometimes manifest themselves like that. I take Claritin non-drowsy 24 hour (Zyrtex makes me drowsy), and Nasonex and it works great. I know I sound like an ad but I highly recommend you talk to your doctor about Nasonex. I have found that during a run and after my allergies can be alleviated. I think it has to do with activating the nervous system or something like that. So, totally try for a run! Best wishes.