5k miles since 5/8/06 (Read 703 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's when I joined RA as a noob runner who had yet to even log a 10 mile week or run a single race.  Today I ran 11 miles...not even an especially high mileage run by today's standards.  Today I am a few days into taper for my 3rd marathon.

I may not be fast, but I'm consistent.  There's something to be said for that.  Or maybe it's just that I'm stubborn-as-hell. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

great job zoom!  Consistency is good, very good!
      runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I may not be fast, but I'm consistent.  There's something to be said for that.  Or maybe it's just that I'm stubborn-as-hell. Tongue

Either way it is a good thing!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

I thought this was going to be about how many miles all of your 5Ks had added up to.  Still though, nice work.

-------------------------------------
          5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
          10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
          1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
          Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

That's when I joined RA as a noob runner who had yet to even log a 10 mile week or run a single race.  Today I ran 11 miles...not even an especially high mileage run by today's standards.  Today I am a few days into taper for my 3rd marathon.

Nice, Zoomy; and an 11-miler in the middle of the week ain't too shabby. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I thought this was going to be about how many miles all of your 5Ks had added up to.  Still though, nice work.

Heh, not very many.  I think I've only done 3-4 5k races. 

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Best Present Ever

I thought the same thing!  5000 miles is a long way to run ....

RunsForCake

Wow!  That is an amazing accomplishment!  Awesome!
                    you're over 3,000 miles ahead of me and pulling away.  nice job.