My first 100+ mile week in two years (Read 888 times)

xor

Well, well, well.  As the area says, "Look What I Can Do!"

I've run 109 miles this week.  My biggest mpw since the last week of September in 2007 (which was 115).  The big difference, though, is that the week in 2007 consisted almost entirely of quadzilla (4 marathons in 4 days), whereas this week had no races***.  All good ol' training miles.

Now, I realize that one week of 109 isn't worth all that much... it is getting in the miles over time that helps.  Still kinda cool, I think.

27 weeks have passed since March 1st.  Of those 27, I have 19 weeks over 70 mpw.  10 of those have been over 80 mpw. 3 of those over 90.

8 weeks have been under 70.  A few of those were in the 60s.  On the opposite end, I had a nice three week series in July of 24, 27, and 40... thanks to some minor Fun With Chemistry.  Alas, the side effects of the chemistry and the reason why I'm involved with chemistry in the first place mean I still putt putt down the road slowly considering the mileage.

I still feel good about triple digits.  Woohoo for me.

====

*** Sort of.  I started the week out with 23 miles of a race that I DNFed because I got attacked by bees and I wasn't feeling right.  But I wasn't racing that day anyway.  It was just an easy run in the woods.  Until I was traumatized. 

I'm a puss.

I've never had much of an issue with bees.

Also: Holy crap.

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Get Lost :)

Congrats. That's sublime. I realized that I had a 7 day period of 70 miles -- and I'm feeling healthy and stuff, which is to me the real accomplishment. So, stay healthy and keep enjoying the running.

Feeling the growl again

I haven't run a 100 mile week since the last week of 2007 (131 miles). 

If I ran that far now I think my uterus would fall out.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Congrats! Wooohoo for you is right. I can't even imagine running that much.

~Sara
            It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

thanks to some minor Fun With Chemistry. 

did you blow something up? tsk tsk...

and holy moley! running is bad for you.

sr- awesome stuff. keep beasting it up. Always wished you had a log on here but it makes your training leave me curious and it's like a big mystery to me :P I've never been stung by a bee but have a fear of them like I'm allergic, even though I'm not (unless I have to find out the hard way).
                  100+  in a week - fantastic - woohoo for you, for sure!

Imminent Catastrophe

I've been running almost that many kilometers.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

an amazing likeness

Wow, you are one rugged distance dude. Very impressive.

Congratulations on tripping the century marker !!!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

xor

I haven't run a 100 mile week since the last week of 2007 (131 miles). 

If I ran that far now I think my uterus would fall out.

And yet, you and I could be in the same race tomorrow and you'd finish, take a shower, order/eat a pizza, read a book, and paint someone's house before I finished.  And that's running WITH the elk meat on your back.

Brat, I was the one who was blown up thanks to chemistry and the lovely people at Amgen.

Feeling the growl again

And yet, you and I could be in the same race tomorrow and you'd finish, take a shower, order/eat a pizza, read a book, and paint someone's house before I finished.  And that's running WITH the elk meat on your back.

Brat, I was the one who was blown up thanks to chemistry and the lovely people at Amgen.

Which makes it all the more impressive that you did it and not me!!! ;D

It's not all about speed.  I probably got something a little extra in the gene mix.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

xor

Oh, I did too.  In my case it was a skull and crossbones... heh.

Thanks folks, much appreciated.

Prince of Fatness

Good stuff SR.  Good stuff.

Not at it at all. 

Very fine sir. Impressive.