This Bud's NOT for you. (Read 1340 times)

Is it any good? The only reason I know it is because it pops up in every Stephen King book, since he's one 'o them damn New Englanders. At least he's not a Masshole.
    For $6.99 a case when I was in college in RI, it was pretty good.

Runners run

Len

Damn Yankee

Do they still make Iron City beer? That stuff was truly awful.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

redleaf

great - now I have a list of stuff to try on my visit to California in November! (and some to avoid...)

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

pokey52

Narragansett was always one of my favorites, Grew up on the stuff. Glad to see that somebody has bought the name and brought it back in a big way.
            Sierra Nevada is available nationwide, I believe. Good, cheap beer is Leinenkugel's Red. Better than Killians but in the $3's for a 6-pack. Just about everything here is owned by foreign interests so I'm going to keep drinking Ultra. Wiedie's brings back memories. $.50 longnecks at the Melody Inn in college. I always sprung for Bud at $1.00. Yeah, "elitist", I know... Roll eyes TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Good, cheap beer is Leinenkugel's Red. Better than Killians but in the $3's for a 6-pack.
              The only BAD Leinie's is the berry weiss ( Dead <---vomits)>

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes. Berry weiss is (wait for it) berry berry bad. My New Glarus Raspberry Tart, on the other hand...YUM!

Imminent Catastrophe

Berries in beer? That's just wrong.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

JakeKnight

Berries in beer? That's just wrong.
                    Yes. Yes it is.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                    -----------------------------

If your are out west, Fat Tire is the beer of choice For the east I agree with dgb2n, Yuengling is the best However I live in Ohio and can't get either Of course there is alway Jack Daniel's Whiskey
                      hairylunch

I'll echo a few here: 1) Yuengling (Pottsville, PA) is great for those in New England (they claim to be the oldest American brewery - though Labatt is older if America means more than United States). 2) New Belgium Brewing (Fort Collins, CO) - Best known for Fat Tire, but I'm a fan of their organic Mothership Wit, and Skinny Dip, their summer seasonal. I don't believe they distribute east of the Mississippi. 3) Sierra Nevada (Chico, CA) - Best known for their pale ale. My "mass produced" beer of choice. I live in Reno, so it's on tap almost everywhere (there's a even a Sierra Nevada tap room in town). On the other hand, I'd say if it's an option at all, support your local micro. Blackfoot Brewing out of Helena, MT used to be my favorite, but due to the move to Reno, I tend to drink Great Basin Brewing's Ichthyosaur (a.k.a. Icky) IPA. Of course, none of these (besides maybe Yuengling) would pass the "Something I could drink with my redneck neighbors without getting funny looks" test. For that, I'd go with Olympia or PBR . . .
                        mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

For me, good, cheap, mass-produced American beer you can get in a can that tastes better than Bud has always meant Coors or MGD (NOT Miller Lite or High Life). Something cheaper - try Schaeffer (sp?). Fond memories there of stealing a sip out of Dad's every time the lawnmower went behind the garage...

Prince of Fatness

Something cheaper - try Schaeffer (sp?).
                            I remember riding by the Schaefer Brewery out in Allentown, PA as a kid. That was some nasty stuff. My budget beer used to be Old Milwaukee. I'm glad I have a little money now.

Not at it at all.