Rolling seven day mileage (Read 913 times)

drrbradford

I've suggested this one before and I will again. Rolling seven day mileage is of more use than a Monday-Sunday mileage. You can back load one week and then front load the next. The two weeks might only be 50M each but you could have done 100M in seven days. Seven days is an arguably arbitrary time scale but it's what most people base their programmes on.

In an ideal world I would love to see the rolling seven day mileage total appear when you mouse over the number in the date boxes on the calendar. Kind of like the pop-up you get when you mouse over a workout entry. You can still have the number as a link to a new entry form but the pop-up could at least show mileage, pace etc. for the previous seven days.

There already is a widget for rolling run (last 7 days and last 30) though it doesn't give pace.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

A Saucy Wench

There already is a widget for rolling run (last 7 days and last 30) though it doesn't give pace.

Yes it does if you tell it to.  But he already has that on his summary page. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

drrbradford

Since one of the big advantages of having a log is being able to look back and see what has and hasn't worked I'm interested in being able to look at the rolling mileage for any given seven day period.

With a few clicks, you should be able to get what you want from the "Reports" section under the Training Log pulldown

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

drrbradford

With a few clicks, you should be able to get what you want from the "Reports" section under the Training Log pulldown

I know there are ways I could find it out already but what I'm suggesting is more the integration of it with the calendar as a piece of key information which is [almost] instantly available.

A Saucy Wench

I know there are ways I could find it out already but what I'm suggesting is more the integration of it with the calendar as a piece of key information which is [almost] instantly available.

I'm guessing the issue now is that while the most current total is calculated it isnt stored as a permanent value anywhere on a daily basis to dredge up later. 

If it was it could be charted, but I dont know if I would want it on the calendar frankly....might make everything cluttered. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm not really sold on this idea either.  You have the 7-day and 30-day running totals, and for the bigger picture, the weekly totals are on the summary page, and you can create reports or charts for say, the last 52 weeks distance, week by week.  The rolling thing would offset those totals by however many days, but to what purpose?  Unnecessary complexity, seems to me.