Weather Widget is Busted (Read 65 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I think my issue may be different from Weather and temp not populating, so new thread.

My RA subscription ran out a few days ago, and I re-upped it as soon as I saw the ads appear. Since then, the weather widget is prompting me for my location, but regardless of what I enter - city & state, full address, zip code only - I get the message "An unknown error has occurred."  I believe one has to subscribe to get weather data, so that's why I'm guessing it might be related to the subscription expiring, but I could be wrong.

an amazing likeness

...deleted because it was total gibberish. Despite the topic's title and description being totally clear I didn't catch that the topic was the weather widget and not the auto-weather being appended to imported workouts to which my reply applied.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Just a guess...the weather pulls your location from the cookie information created when you login.  This isn't working right for some reason, so the weather doesn't have your location from the cookie.

Try a full logout / login to re-write the cookie.  If that doesn't work, try deleting the cookies related to RA, then login.

Brilliant idea, but no. I deleted cookies and local data, still same behavior.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I tried removing the widget and putting it back. Still no joy.

eric :)

Hi LedLincoln,

Let me look into that. I'm guessing the geolocation service is not set up correctly, or something has changed with their API.

eric Smile

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Thanks.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Not sure if this is helpful info, but I was getting that error message when I viewed my traianing log on my phone (Droid). I tried all sorts of possibilities for my location (city, zip code, etc) and had no luck. No problems on the website on my computer using Chrome.

eric :)

The problem turned out to be the geolocation service only allows access from the old server's IPs. I added the new server's IPs and so it should be working now.

dumrunner

Yay it's working. Thanks eric!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Confirmed, it's working.  Thanks again, eric Smile !