The COVID-19 Wild West Thread (Read 601 times)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I always love the threats of leaving if X is elected. How many people do that each election specifically because of the election?

Probably the same number of rich people who forfeit their US citizenship because taxes are too high.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

MoBramExam

Probably the same number of rich people who forfeit their US citizenship because taxes are too high.

Again unnecessary. They just restructure to comply with changes in the tax code. You will see them at least go through the motions to change their official state of residence for tax purposes.

Anecdotal of course, but have found it interesting that since March of this year, following the sale of less than a dozen houses in my MO neighborhood of about 75 homes total, have seen license plates in the driveways from IL, TX, CA, and OH. Go about half a mile away and can add more IL, TX, CA and even NY and NJ. The numbers in such a small window can be a bit ominous, but as long as they mow their grass, set up their grill in the back yard, and better yet are runners, they're welcomed.

Seeing all those out-of-state migrants makes me wonder how they found us on a map when many times, when working only two or three counties over, have had to name the nearby larger city to describe to people where I live. Guess those are more examples of low geography IQ rather than our obscurity.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

I sure as fuck won't be moving to the UK.

I agree it’s not looking good in some parts of the UK, but that graph is a bit misleading as there was very limited testing back in Spring when the death rate was at its highest (something like 950 per day). With local lockdowns I doubt it would ever get close to that number again.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Deaths lag behind cases 7-28 days. Nice try tho.

JMac11

RIP Milkman

What exactly was a nice try? All he said is he doubts deaths will get to where they were in the spring and that testing was bad in the spring. Part 1 is probably true, and part 2 is a fact.

Eta: people were saying the same thing when the US cases spiked in the summer, "deaths lag." They do, that's a fact. But we never came close to approaching the rolling average in the spring numbers.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thankfully.

We are seeing a big US-wide spike starting right now across the US, especially in certain areas. I hope the pattern you describe persists and the new measures we have developed and identified for mitigating mortality help keep the numbers at bay. And I hope that the health systems do not become overwhelmed like they were in places back in the Spring.

I hope.

we never came close to approaching the rolling average in the spring numbers.

Trump is the single biggest driver of misinformation about the pandemic.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/30/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-misinformation.html

The biggest surprise was that the president of the United States was the single largest driver of misinformation around Covid,” said Sarah Evanega, the director of the Cornell Alliance for Science and the study’s lead author."

That's literally the least surprising conclusion they could have reached.

Runners run

cinnamon girl

Finally a glimmer of hope - SNL is back! Last week was hilarious. Jack White was fucking awesome last night!

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Nice try??? Yeah ok.👍

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Loophole exploitation to get around COVID 19 restrictions. If you pay the strangers in the audience they’re considered employees. I can’t imagine why COVID 19 keeps spreading and people keep getting killed by it. Maybe Joe Biden will close these COVID 19 loopholes because the people of New York obviously don’t care about COVID 19 and only care about themselves. Since entertainment is so important at this point I fully support SNL finding out the loophole and exploiting it so I can not watch SNL actively instead of not being given the opportunity.

Finally a glimmer of hope - SNL is back! Last week was hilarious. Jack White was fucking awesome last night!

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Running Problem

Problem Child

What exactly was a nice try? All he said is he doubts deaths will get to where they were in the spring and that testing was bad in the spring. Part 1 is probably true, and part 2 is a fact.

Eta: people were saying the same thing when the US cases spiked in the summer, "deaths lag." They do, that's a fact. But we never came close to approaching the rolling average in the spring numbers.

It’s easier to socially distance during summer than spring/fall where everyone is indoors. The second wave is going to happen since there isn’t a vaccine and being recovered doesn’t protect you from becoming reinfected. If states don’t go back to springtime level lockdowns through winter we’re going to be right back to where we were and everything we’ve done was pointless.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Loophole exploitation to get around COVID 19 restrictions. If you pay the strangers in the audience they’re considered employees. I can’t imagine why COVID 19 keeps spreading and people keep getting killed by it. Maybe Joe Biden will close these COVID 19 loopholes because the people of New York obviously don’t care about COVID 19 and only care about themselves. Since entertainment is so important at this point I fully support SNL finding out the loophole and exploiting it so I can not watch SNL actively instead of not being given the opportunity.

I thought you were talking about yesterday's Hatch Act violation at the White House....

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

And is Eric Smile still ok with Country Fried Twat acting as a mod on here?  

Running Problem

Problem Child

I thought you were talking about yesterday's Hatch Act violation at the White House....

Nope. SNL found the loophole to the COVID 19 requirements in New York. Just tell everyone they are an employee, pay them, and the restrictions aren’t the same for you. Very outside of the box thinking. I have no idea what was going on at the White House this weekend. I wasn’t there. 

Not sure what Hatch Act is. New law? Nickname I’m not aware of? Autocorrect error?

VDOT 53.37 

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Whatever do you mean?

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do