Farewell my friend farewell (warning this has a sad ending!) (Read 1804 times)

We had some special moments that I am going to really miss. So sad to see you go. You pushed me to run in the rain, hail, snow and icy roads. You pushed me to run itemperatures ranging from 100 to -7 degrees. You did a lot of great things to help me reach goals I never thought possible. Such as over 3000 miles for a year or over a 100 for a week. You were a big part of me getting my BQ.  Thank-you for that!

However, you pushed me to do things that I probably should not have done. Like running with tight calf muscles or really sore thigh muscles. You pushed me to run through some minor injuries that I should have listened to but you pushed me on any way always just thinking about you. You were selfish and I was an idiot for not listening to others that said you were not good for me. Well I have had it and I am going to listen to my friend hammy who continues to tell me that I need to let you go so that he can heal. So this is good bye to my 263 day streak.

Don't think I won't miss you and I hope to someday spend time with you again. Just not while I am trying to race. Maybe when I just run to run we see each other again. I want that feeling of fresh legs again and running like the wind. For now this is good bye. Know this is not an easy decision but I am going to do what is best for me this time.

Farewell my friend farewell.Cry

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
    • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
    • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon
    L Train

I really don't get streaking.  Good riddance to that a**hole is all I have to say.

We had some special moments that I am going to really miss. So sad to see you go. You pushed me to run in the rain, hail, snow and icy roads. You pushed me to run itemperatures ranging from 100 to -7 degrees. You did a lot of great things to help me reach goals I never thought possible. Such as over 3000 miles for a year or over a 100 for a week. You were a big part of me getting my BQ.  Thank-you for that!

However, you pushed me to do things that I probably should not have done. Like running with tight calf muscles or really sore thigh muscles. You pushed me to run through some minor injuries that I should have listened to but you pushed me on any way always just thinking about you. You were selfish and I was an idiot for not listening to others that said you were not good for me. Well I have had it and I am going to listen to my friend hammy who continues to tell me that I need to let you go so that he can heal. So this is good bye to my 263 day streak.

Don't think I won't miss you and I hope to someday spend time with you again. Just not while I am trying to race. Maybe when I just run to run we see each other again. I want that feeling of fresh legs again and running like the wind. For now this is good bye. Know this is not an easy decision but I am going to do what is best for me this time.

Farewell my friend farewell.Cry

Good stuff right there.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I really don't get streaking.  Good riddance to that a**hole is all I have to say.

+1.  I think streaking may be good for some rare/lucky/freakish people, but I think it encourages a lot of people to run/exercise through minor niggles that turn into major injuries.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dave

The two of you sound co-dependant.

Get some therapy, physical or otherwise.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I think BCR captured the positives and negatives of "the streak" pretty well.  There are times in our training when we have to give ourselves over to mindless obsession whether it be the streak, the plan, the formula, the hard/easy paradigm, the monthly mileage goal, whatever.  Put our heads down and plow ahead.

Sometimes it's what's necessary to accomplish something worthwhile.

But when the streak becomes the end in itself, it can become destructive.  And it can be hard to let go of that thing, that mindless obsession, that got you to the promised land.

Well done, BCR.

Runners run

All I have to do is resist the urge to run tonight even though I have my workout clothes in the truck all ready to go.  I'm determined to end this curse/addiction today.    I would like to rest a couple of days.  Give my hammy a chance to get better before the long run on Sunday.  I can walk on it okay but when I try to run on it for more than two miles it gets really unhappy. 

• Sub 22  5K

I think BCR captured the positives and negatives of "the streak" pretty well.  There are times in our training when we have to give ourselves over to mindless obsession whether it be the streak, the plan, the formula, the hard/easy paradigm, the monthly mileage goal, whatever.  Put our heads down and plow ahead.

Sometimes it's what's necessary to accomplish something worthwhile.

But when the streak becomes the end in itself, it can become destructive.  And it can be hard to let go of that thing, that mindless obsession, that got you to the promised land.

Well done, BCR.

The streak was cool but I think being able to say sub 3 hour marathon runner is way cooler.  I think the streak is short enough that someday, when I just run to run, I can pass it.  I need to get healthy.  I'm giving myself two weeks to figure out how to do that.  I was on such a good roll. 

• Sub 22  5K
                  L Train

There are times in our training when we have to give ourselves over to mindless obsession whether it be the streak, the plan, the formula, the hard/easy paradigm, the monthly mileage goal, whatever.  Put our heads down and plow ahead.

This I completely get.  I guess I'm glad that I have not had the compulsion to streak, because it seems to take the regular compulsion to another unhealthy level.  Like you said, though, if it's what gets you out the door. 

Its way too cold to go streaking, anyways.

Hey, nice marmot!

I don't believe I've ever clicked on a BCR thread and not been entertained, at least a little.

Well done sir, you do not disappoint.

Here's my thoughts on the streak, if you're interested.

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

Feeling the growl again

BCR, that's probably the most entertaining post you've ever written.  I like it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Damn!!  I was hoping it was a post from jayskydee...

I don't believe I've ever clicked on a BCR thread and not been entertained, at least a little.

Well done sir, you do not disappoint.

Here's my thoughts on the streak, if you're interested.

Dang that was good stuff but I'm a little worried about the cyclist reference.  That was a little disturbing. 

• Sub 22  5K

an amazing likeness

Well when you start dating the streak, you better have a plan going in for dumping the streak, or for getting dumped.  Otherwise you'll wake up one day and you're 50 years old and you don't even recognize the streak sitting next to you the couch watching NCIS as the exciting cutey from the early days.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.