Almost a 10K PR (Read 758 times)

nkeliher

Running nut

My PR for 10K (as an adult) is 46:18 in 2004. Today I did a 6.1-mile tempo run (0.11 miles short) in 42:45. I think it's safe to say I'm faster now than 4 years ago. I guess I should sign up for an actual race and get a new official time to beat. My goal when I was in high school was to run a 10K at 6-minute pace (37:17). I got as low as 38:32 and did a 9.9-km (not miles as previously indicated) relay leg in 37:30, but then I went to college and got lazy and a bit overweight. Fast-forward to current day: It's not that it haunts me or anything, but I think that I'm finally disciplined enough to dust off my old goal and make a run for it (no pun intended) even though I'm 15 years older and 25 pounds heavier. I'll take it one step at a time, aiming for a sub-40 10K in 2009, and then see where I go from there. Does anyone else out there dream of beating their old high school track or cross-country times?
    celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Congrats! Definitely find a 10k race and make that better time official. Smile

Chris
      PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

theyapper

On the road again...

Does anyone else out there dream of beating their old high school track or cross-country times?
        I do! Oh, wait. I didn't run in high school. Undecided I guess every record I set is better than high school. Big grin

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Purdey

Self anointed title

I got as low as 38:32 and did a 9.9-mile relay leg in 37:30, but then I went to college and got lazy and a bit overweight.
          Holy sheet. You must have beaten several world bests on your way to that beauty. I don't think you'll ever get back to running at that speed.

nkeliher

Running nut

Nice catch, Purdey - I've corrected it to indicate KMs instead. You're right, I doubt I'll ever be that fast.