Polar Sync with RA via Garmin Connect (Read 65 times)

wyerock

I've been considering a Polar m400, but not looking forward to giving up the automatic Garmin syncing with RA.

I notice if I create a manual workout in Garmin Connect, it will sync with RA.  I found an app (RunGap) that will sync other sources to Garmin (Polar, RunKeeper, Strava, etc), but when they get sync'd, they don't show up on RA.

Any suggestions on getting Polar to sync with RA, or getting RA to pick up on these workouts in Garmin that it's not seeing?

eric :)

Hi wyerock,

I'm not sure how this app syncs to Garmin Connect, nor do I know what happens when Garmin Connect receives the files.  If the app syncs using Garmin's API, then things should work.  I don't have access to this API but I know one exists.  Only a select few has access to it.  What format is the Polar file?

eric Smile

I just started to use an App called SyncMyTracks (cost $3) to sync my activities from Polar Flow to Garnin Connect and as I have Garmin Connect enabled in RunningAhead, the activites are then synced to RunningAhead by Garmin Connect.

wyerock

I doubt RunGap is using the official costly Garmin interface, so that's probably why it's output to Garmin doesn't get pushed to RA. I would try SyncMyTracks, but it's Android only (unfortunate since users seem to say it's the best).

Polar offers GPX tracks and TCX training files. I'm pretty sure your manual importer handles them just fine. I was just trying to find something simple that would get them into the automated push system you've already got set up.

If there were more people on RunningAhead interested in Polar, they do have a free API, Polar AccessLink: http://www.polar.com/en/connect_with_polar/polar_accesslink

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/11/connection-developers-integration.html

However, the developers of Tapiriik (an open source fitness syncing app/site) said they never got a response after applying, suggesting Polar was only interested in "big" names for access.