Hello, and Thank You For Your Help (Read 156 times)

rmcj001

There's great advice here already. The only thing I have to add is that my feet and ankles feel better after speed work, so get out on the roads and run fast occasionally.

Little correction: 17:30 / 2 = 7:45.

Seems everyone is a little math challenged. 17:30 / 2 = 8:45, 15:30 / 2 = 7:45, 7:30 x 2 = 15:00 - which I believe covers all the possible combinations mis-mentioned...

Oh, and to be on topic - from what I've read, it takes 10-14 days for the body to incorporate a workout.  If your test is about 3 weeks from now, that means you have about  7-10 days for gain the benefits.  You can mess things up in those last 10-14 days more then you can help.  Also, rest/recovery is important too.

Ray

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Seems everyone is a little math challenged. 17:30 / 2 = 8:45, 15:30 / 2 = 7:45, 7:30 x 2 = 15:00 - which I believe covers all the possible combinations mis-mentioned...

Heh, may I blame that on sloppy typing?  I want this one: 15:30 / 2 = 7:45.

Slow is Smooth

Smooth is Fast

Thanks everyone. I'm definitely math challenged, so you're really hurting me if you feed me bad math, haha!

When it comes to the week prior to an event, what does everyone usually do? I imagine you don't flat out stop running. Should you continue running every day, but maybe only long 'easy' runs? Maybe take a few days off throughout the week, or the just the day before?